Looking for the perfect fall dinner? Look no further than this tender and seasonally flavored Apple Cider Glazed Chicken guaranteed to make your family very happy. If you love this, you will also love the Cider Herb Spiced Cornish Hens.
So I wanted to go apple picking folks. For the very first time ever too! But it didn’t happen. I have been traveling for my book events, and it has been a blast but I totally made a promise that I would go apple picking for the very first time this year and blew it!
I’ve always heard that the best part of apple picking is drinking apple cider AFTER you pick the apples. So now I’m making up for that with this recipe: Apple Cider Glazed Chicken.
I am now convinced that apple cider and chicken belong together like peanut butter and jelly. They are a wonderful pair, those two. The acid in the cider makes the chicken so flavorful and moist in the most sensational way. In this dish it becomes a delectable glaze in the end.
I remember my mother making baked chicken at least once a week growing up, and she makes it very simply with salt and pepper, some onions and a few other ingredients but it tastes like the best thing you have ever had in your life. Simple cooking really is the best.
I tried to honor my mom’s cooking approach with this recipe. So I simply adding some apple slices and a hint of additional sweetness from the brown sugar and soy sauce to create a sensational dinner recipe that will make Autumn that much better. So get this Apple Cider Glazed Chicken in the oven asap and let me know how it turns out for you!
Check out some of my other apple flavored recipes below!
Apple Cider Glazed Chicken
- 2 large chicken breasts with skin on
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups apple cider
- 1 medium apple cored, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste and add to a medium sized pan.
- Spray the inside of the pan with non-stick spray and bake for 25 minutes.
- While chicken bakes, add apple cider, apple slices, brown sugar and soy sauce to a medium sized pot over medium heat.
- Stir together and allow to come to a boil. Once mixture has reduced by 1/2 remove from heat.
- Pour mixture over chicken and turn to broil. Once mixture sticks to chicken and is done all the way through, remove and serve. This is great with a wild rice to soak up that delicious flavor.