Brown Sugar Baked Turkey Bacon – Need help baking turkey bacon in the oven? I have the easiest and most delicious recipe for brown sugar baked turkey bacon sure to make your breakfasts better!
I grew up on the hog plain and simple. We had bacon, ham, sausage, pork chops and even pig’s feet (my daddy eats those) around the clock. My brother and I were probably on the verge of being disowned from the family when we both stopped eating pork. He stopped first and because I have to do everything he does, I then stopped in my early twenties. I didn’t touch the stuff for years until last year when I had a tiny bit of ham. So, I’ve been eating turkey bacon for years now.
HOW TO COOK TURKEY BACON IN THE OVEN
Cooking turkey bacon is not difficult at all. How you cook it depends on how you like its texture. Do you like it chewy, crispy or somewhere in between? You can cook it in the microwave, on the stove top or in the oven. You change the turkey bacon’s texture by cooking it longer. I personally prefer to cook turkey bacon in the oven and I like my turkey bacon texture somewhere in between crispy and chewy. I keep the turkey bacon in the oven between 20-25 minutes to give it the mixed textured I mentioned.
BROWN SUGAR BAKED TURKEY BACON
When I stopped eating pork, I mostly missed bacon. Everything else I could go without. There is something about pork bacon that even the best turkey bacon cannot duplicate. That’s exactly why I started jazzing up my turkey bacon with more fun ingredients like brown sugar, maple syrup and black pepper. This how I came up with this brown sugar baked turkey bacon recipe.
PORK BACON VS. TURKEY BACON
This recipe was made with this brand of turkey bacon but feel free to try it with pork as well. It is quite versatile and so easy to make. The texture of turkey bacon is very different from pork bacon, and it doesn’t get as wrinkly as pork bacon. Also, turkey bacon is slightly more health than pork bacon but feel free to use whatever type of bacon you prefer. Whatever you use, this recipe will make you excited about the possibilities of bacon again.
- Ever want to know how to make grits? This southern grits recipe is perfect!
- Need to learn how to make hash browns? This Hash Browns recipe is the best on the internet!
- This Chicken and Waffles recipe is everything!! The buttermilk waffles are a dream.
- Ever tried a johnny cakes or hoe cakes? These are the ones to try for your upcoming brunch!
- Perfect pancakes are my jam! These lemon ricotta pancakes, or this easy blueberry pancakes recipe and even these brown sugar pancakes are incredible!
Brown Sugar Baked Turkey Bacon
- 1 pound turkey bacon
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar packed
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place strips of bacon on baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, whisk together brown sugar and maple syrup until smooth.
- Brush mixture over each strip of bacon then evenly sprinkle with black pepper.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until crispy and serve.