This Caramel Bourbon Milkshake has an insanely creamy vanilla base blended with bourbon, caramel and cookie butter flavors to take it over the top!
Yep I did it folks! I created the most decadent milkshake in all of history (mildy exaggerating here). This caramel bourbon milkshake with cookie butter is insane! Since June, I have been craving a milkshake that would truly end all cravings for milkshakes for the rest of the summer. This is that shake.
While this is the most impressive treat for a summer dessert, it really tastes just as impressive at a summer barbecue as a speciality mixed drink. I thought this would be sensational in a lineup of other impressive barbecue menu items from some of my favorite Chicago bloggers. Once a month, we will create a uniquely themed virtual dinner party menu with each of us developing a dish.
My pick was a cocktail but I wanted a milkshake. Seriously aren’t you glad I created a milkshake?
What is so fantastic about this shake is while the base of the drink is vanilla, this has multiple flavors like cookie butter and caramel that really take this up a notch. The uniqueness of this drink is its sensational mix of ingredients in the most refreshing way. And of course, the bourbon doesn’t hurt one bit either right?
Want more of this dinner party? Check out my Chicago bloggers’ sites below:
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1/4- 1/3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons bourbon
- 2 tablespoons caramel sauce
- 1 tablespoon cookie butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Garnish: caramel, scoops of ice cream, Whipped cream
- Add vanilla ice cream, milk, bourbon, caramel sauce and vanilla extract to heavy duty blender and blend until completely smooth.
- Use a spoon to drizzle caramel around the inside of 2 glasses then fill with milk shake. Top each glass with 1 scoop of ice cream then top with whipped cream and enjoy!