It seems everything is chocolate covered strawberry this holiday so why not klondike bars? Strawberry ice cream surrounded by a chocolate shell with white chocolate strawberries just sounds romantic don’t ya think? I am personally wondering why no one ever invented chocolate covered strawberry klondike bars before I did.
This is incredibly simple to make. I even used store-bought strawberry ice cream (Blasphemy I know!). I would normally make it (and of course you can if you have the time) but if you don’t, purchase a nice quality brand that will turn this treat up a notch.
Love is in the air, and also in my freezer right now. For those of you looking for a super uncomplicated yet fantastic dessert for Valentine’s Day, look no further. This chocolate covered strawberry klondike bars recipe is definitely it.
- 1 quart strawberry ice cream
- 14 ounces bittersweet or semi sweet chocolate chips
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 6 ounces white chocolate chips
- 2-3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/2 pound 10 strawberries
- Take ice cream out of freezer and place in refrigerator to let soften for about 30 minutes until spreadable.
- Spread ice cream until nice and smooth into a parchment paper lined 9x9 baking pan and place back in the freezer for at least 6 hours.
- Once firm and frozen, remove ice cream pan from the freezer and cut ice cream into 9-10 squares using a sharp knife. Remove the squares from the pan using a spatula and place on another baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Place the baking sheet with ice cream squares in the freezer while you make the white and dark chocolate.
- To make the dark chocolate shell, place chocolate and coconut oil in a medium-sized microwave safe bowl and microwave until just melted. Stir together until well blended and allow to chill.
- Next, place white chocolate chips and heavy cream in a small bowl and microwave until melted. Stir together. Allow to cool a bit.
- Remove ice cream squares from the freezer and quickly dip squares into dark chocolate coating covering all sides. Place each finished bar on a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Next dip strawberries into the white chocolate and place one strawberry each on top of each bar.
- Lastly, drizzle remaining white chocolate over the tops of the strawberry topped bars.
- Place the bar tray back in the freezer to allow the chocolates to set. Once they are completely set (about 30 minutes), take them out and enjoy!