Decadent, delicious and easy Coke Caramel Popcorn ready to make all your snack dreams a reality. It’s one of the best combinations of Coke and Popcorn ever!!
I consider myself quite the guru when it comes to snacking. The pitfalls (or rewards through my eyes) of working at home include going through several snacks per day. From chips to peanuts (and bit of candy here and there), I enjoy them all but one of my favorites is popcorn, particularly caramel popcorn.
Chicago’s Famous Caramel Popcorn
In Chicago, we love caramel popcorn and even have a special Chicago mix that consists of caramel and cheese popcorn. However I think I took the classic caramel flavor to a new heights with my brand new Coke Caramel Popcorn.
Coke and Popcorn
There’s just something about the combination of Coke and Popcorn that’s great. Whether you’re at the movies, at a ball game, or watching a movie or television show at home, nothing beats being entertained and munching and sipping on coke and popcorn. My coke and popcorn recipe cannot be beat!
Not only is this recipe delicious but unbelievably easy. I’m not a psychic or anything but I think this may become your new favorite snack. The Coca-Cola adds such a depth of flavor and uniqueness to the traditional caramel sauce. I also love how simple the creation of the sauce is.
A few ingredients come to a boil and are poured over plain popcorn. That’s it! Can you believe it?
I love when simple things taste amazing, and this recipe is absolutely no exception. I adored this snack, and ate my fair share of it. That’s the problem with snacks. You keep snacking and snacking and snacking. This popcorn is so delish that I even considered making batches of this to sell at my local movie theater. It’s that good!
- ¾ cup salted butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- ⅓ cup Coca-Cola
- ¼ cup light corn syrup
- 2 bags microwaveable plain popcorn, popped
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- In a medium sized saucepan, melt butter, sugar, coke and corn syrup over medium heat until it comes to a boil.
- Allow it to boil for about 4 minutes and don’t stir.
- Pour the caramel over the popcorn then toss the popcorn to evenly coat.
- Add caramel coated popcorn to a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes or until caramel is completely stuck to popcorn. Cool, serve and enjoy!