Mississippi Coon Cheese Biscuits Submitted by Dawn Steed
Growing up in Mississippi Coon Biscuits is a staple for any gathering but especially holiday gathering.
COON Cheese is the Australian trademark of a cheddar cheese produced by the Warrnambool Cheese and Butter company. It was first launched in 1935 by Fred Walker.
- 1 cup of Mozzarella Shredded Cheese
- 1 cup of Mild or Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- If you can find Coon Cheese (Cracker Barrel Brand use 1 1/2 cups then 1/2 Mozzarella)
- 1 roll ground sausage choose you flavor I like Tennessee Pride Mild
- 3 cups Bisquick
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup milk you may need to add more based on the weather where you live
- Preheat the oven to 425. When you start cooking drop it to 400 degrees. It will take 5 to 7 minutes to cook.
- Crumble the Sausage in the pan and fry till done and crumbled completely, I like to season my sausage with McCormick' Broil Steak Seasoning.
- While you sausage is cooking add your Bisquick in a bowl, eggs and milk. Mix well. It should not be runny. If it is add more Bisquick. If to think add a little milk.
- Add your sausage to the Bisquick mixture and mix it together. Alternate you cheeses if you have more than one, a handful at a time mixing between dropping cheese in the bowl. On your pan use parchment paper. Use a cookie scoop or teaspoon and drop as many coon biscuit on you pan as you can. They do not grow much in size so you can get them close together. Let them bake till golden.