Disclosure: I was compensated by Ziploc® for this post but all opinions expressed here are my own.
Chipotle shrimp tacos: Deliciously simple and made in a flash!
Growing up, I always thought my mom was a superhero, Batman to be exact. While she didn’t walk through walls or fly in the literal sense, she definitely saved the day many times. It’s funny, but as an adult, I recognize all of her hard work even more now than I did as a child. The memories seem so vivid like they were just yesterday. There isn’t one day I can remember where my mom did not have a homemade dinner on the table even after a grueling day at work. My mom also never missed getting me to cheerleader practice or dance rehearsals. She did the same for my brother and his baseball and basketball practices. I sometimes wonder if she had a clone that I just didn’t know about. I bet many of you have the exact same memories of your superhero mothers.
The reality is this: all moms are superheroes. They seem to do it ALL without breaking a sweat. Tackling one never-ending task after another may seem effortless but our moms could certainly use a Robin to assist their Batman persona from time to time, don’t you think? That’s where Ziploc® brand comes in. The new Ziploc® brand bags with Easy Open Tabs make preparing dinner a cinch (these Chipotle Shrimp Tacos were the perfect recipe to illustrate) with their easy to grip and open storage bags. That means our super moms can still continue to be the awesome taskmasters they always were with a bit more assistance that helps their entire process run much smoother. In fact, check out this video from Ziploc® that shows you just how much they champion the work that our Tough Mothers do!
A favorite recipe my mom used to make for dinner was tacos. While helping with homework and getting my brother and I ready for school the next day, she would prep everything in a jiffy and have a fantastic spread of tacos on the table before we knew it. This chipotle shrimp tacos recipe reminds me of those sensational dinners that not only tasted delicious. These chipotle shrimp tacos were also fast to make but really showed just how much my mom really loved her family.
I marinated the shrimp in a simple chipotle pepper blend using a gallon-sized Ziploc® brand bag with Easy Open Tabs then cooked the shrimp until perfectly golden. The cleanup for these Chipotle Shrimp Tacos was painless because I just discarded the bag after I finished.
I piled the shrimp on corn tortillas and added my favorite salsas and served! That simple, that swift and that delicious. I think supermoms everywhere can agree that a little help from Ziploc® brand can make their superhero powers that much more powerful. And it also helps when you are serving delicious Chipotle Shrimp Tacos to the family too. Just sayin!
- 1/2 7 ounce can chipotle peppers in adobe sauce
- 1 pound medium shrimp deveined with tails and shells removed
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Corn tortillas
- Pico de gallo
- Cilantro for garnish
- Add chipotle peppers and sauce to a food processor or heavy duty blender and grind until smooth puree develops.
- Add shrimp, ground peppers and minced garlic to 1-gallon Ziploc® brand bag with Easy Open Tabs and shake together. Marinate in refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Add olive oil to large pan over medium heat. Pour in marinated shrimp and sauce and season with salt to taste.
- Whisk in lime juice and cook for 4-5 minutes until sauce has thickened and shrimp is cooked through.
- Turn off heat and swirl butter into shrimp and prepare tacos to serve.