This Hibiscus Arnold Palmer is my new favorite drink (or Hibiscus Tea Lemonade). Most people have no clue that I have three jobs (yep three). I work full-time as an event producer at an arts college. Then I come home to my other two loves, my company HighArt Creative, which provides media and event services, and of course Grandbaby Cakes, which takes up a lot of my time but is a true labor of love. At the end of each day, I am absolutely exhausted and totally spent. I am also a tad bit stressed the majority of the time I must admit.
When I received a box of Natural Calm products from Natural Vitality, I thought it was the answer to my stress prayers. I tried a different flavored packet every day I felt a little overwhelmed with deadlines or just a bit anxious with all of my responsibilities, and I truly did feel better.
The magnesium and calcium in the packets brought me a sense of balance, which helped me get back on track. I was excited to create a drink that would become a great standby when I was in need of something tasty yet relaxing.
When I think of a relaxing and calming day, I immediately imagine sitting in a rocking chair on a porch in the South drinking sweet tea or lemonade. Lemonade and sweet tea are the quintessential drinks of the South, and I know whenever I visit my big mama, we are sure to have a pitcher of one on the dinner table. I couldn’t decide which drink inspired me more so I thought, why not combine both for a good ole fashioned Arnold Palmer type drink (half lemonade and half tea). So really this Hibiscus Arnold Palmer could also be called a Hibiscus Tea Lemonade.
I punched up the flavor with hibiscus tea and added honey instead of sugar to make it a bit more healthy. Once I added in a raspberry lemon flavored calm, I felt like I was back in Mississippi on my big mama’s porch instead of in the harsh realities of a snowy winter and constant deadlines in Chicago.
This Hibiscus Arnold Palmer is my new favorite drink (or Hibiscus Tea Lemonade).
- 1 hibiscus tea bag
- 1/2- 2/3 cup honey
- 1 1/2 cups steaming hot water separated
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 packet Natural Calm raspberry lemon flavor each glass
- Mix honey into 3/4 cup hot water and let dissolve until completely combined.
- Add lemon juice and allow to cool. To the remaining hot water, add tea bag and let steep for 5 minutes.
- Add tea mixture to lemonade mixture and place in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, add packet of natural calm to tea mixture and mix in.
- Then serve in ice filled glasses and enjoy the natural calm.