Ahhh Lemon Blueberry Coffee Cake screams Spring to me. It is the perfect thing to bake on a lovely Spring Day. In fact today is the perfect Spring day made better because I finally get to tell you that I will be sharing recipes on Style Me Pretty Living as a featured contributor.
If you have had a wedding, know of wedding planning or anything remotely close to wedding planning, then you definitely know about Style Me Pretty. Style Me Pretty was my serious addiction during my destination wedding planning in Hawaii over two years ago (Check out this post on my wedding and see my photos HERE). I could not get enough of the site, and I still can’t which is why I am dreaming of vow renewals as we speak though I don’t think my husband is quite on board yet. When Style Me Pretty started their Living blog I adored it even more.
I am so grateful to be sharing recipes for their amazing fan base, starting with this cake. This lemon blueberry coffee cake is so perfect for Spring entertaining and is really simple to throw together. With that lovely hint of citrus and berry flavor, you will definitely want to make this for a few holiday brunches coming up.
Want the recipe to this addictive cake? Check out my post on Style Me Living HERE
Ahhh Lemon Blueberry Coffee Cake screams Spring to me. It is the perfect thing to bake on a lovely Spring Day.
- 1 stick unsalted butter room temperature
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon zest
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 8 ounces fresh blueberries tossed in 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In the bowl of your mixer, add butter, oil and granulated sugar and mix on high until light and fluffy (about 5-7 minutes).
- Next lower speed of mixer to medium and add in one egg at a time mixing after each addition.
- Slow mixer down again to slowest speed and alternate flour and lemon zest with sour cream until all ingredients are added and batter is smooth.
- Add in baking powder, vanilla extract, lemon extract and turn off mixer.
- Lastly using a spatula, carefully fold in flour tossed blueberries without breaking them in the batter.
- Pour the batter in a non-stick sprayed loaf pan and spread evenly.
- Add granulated sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt and flour to a bowl and pour melted butter over it. Whisk together until crumbs form.
- Sprinkle crumble topping over the top of cake batter.
- Bake cake for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove cake from oven and cool for 10 minutes then remove cake from loaf pan to cool completely.