Perfectly smooth, rich and delicious, you won’t be able to tell this decadent Chocolate mousse has been lightened up!If you love this light Chocolate Mousse, you will love this Lightened Mug Brownie recipe.
There is something so decadent and indulgent about chocolate mousse, like this light chocolate mousse recipe. It’s smooth silkiness of dangerous chocolate and cream leaves you closing your eyes and humming “aww” every time you take a heavenly bite. Add a dollop of whipped cream and a few berries and it is even more over the top. Just simple and delicious. Can’t you just imagine a bowl of some right in front of you now? I know I can!
I thought long and hard about turning one of the most enticing desserts ever into something lighter. For me, I just didn’t know if it made sense. Desserts are decadent for a reason right? Does anyone really want this dessert to be light? And if so, why? Why not indulge on your diet day off and have the real thing? Why not enjoy life a little and have this baby on special occasions? Or do a few more miles on the treadmill just to have a bite of the full fat version. Those were my thoughts.
But I finally realized that sometimes we can overindulge on things that aren’t too good for us. So having a lighter version would be good to have as an option. So this light chocolate mousse is it. It feels decadent, it only requires a few ingredients (you might have them all at home right now), and I would probably eat a bowl of this and feel not only thoroughly satisfied but also very proud of myself for doing something good for my thighs for a change.
So what do you think? Do you prefer lighter desserts or do you splurge on the real thing?
Light Chocolate Mousse
- 1 cup plain yogurt this does not have to be greek yogurt! I prefer to use a plain regular yogurt that is thick to avoid the tang flavor
- 1 ounce semi-sweet baking square plus 1 tablespoon milk melted
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons confectioner's sugar or sweetener of your choice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Whisk together all ingredients and place in ramekins or small serving bowls.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- Garnish with low fat or vegan whipped cream, berries and chocolate chips and serve.