This love potion float is sexy. Really sexy. How could a raspberry sorbet float not be?
It starts with raspberries, one of the most natural aphrodisiacs there is. The deep color is seductive, the bursting juice within them is intoxicating and yet, it is still quite an elegant fruit to serve to the one you love. When Shine Supper Club asked for sexy dishes, I knew this was the one.
You simply cannot go wrong with this elegant treat for Valentine’s Day. And don’t forget to share. Two spoons or straws are strongly encouraged.
It starts with raspberries, one of the most natural aphrodisiacs there is. The deep color is seductive, the bursting juice within them is intoxicating and yet, it is still quite an elegant fruit to serve to the one you love.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 4 cups frozen raspberries that have been thawed
- 2 tablespoons limoncello
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh blood orange or orange juice
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 scoops raspberry sorbet
- 1/4 cup blood orange soda
- 1/4 cup Moscato
- For the sorbet, stir sugar into warm water in a small bowl and wait for it to dissolve.
- Place raspberries in a food processor or blender and pulse until well pureed.
- Remove raspberries from processor and pour through a sieve into a medium sized bowl to remove seeds.
- Mix dissolved sugar mixture and all remaining ingredients (limoncello, blood orange juice, and corn syrup) into sieved raspberries and place mixture into ice cream machine churning according to your machine's instructions.
- Once finished churning, add sorbet to freezer safe container and freeze for additional 20 minutes. Done and done!
- For each float, add 2 scoops of sorbet to glasses and pour blood orange soda and Moscato over it and serve.