The perfect twist on a perfect holiday pie! This Maple Brown Butter Chess Pie made with Safest Choice Eggs and topped with a simple cranberry sauce will be a favorite for years to come!
I didn’t share a pie during the Thanksgiving rush, and I think that may have been a tiny bit on purpose. Doing what seems expected of me is something I tend to avoid. I guess right now I should be sharing tons of cookies (and I will share some). But for some reason, I feel like I need to share a pie, go figure.
This pie isn’t just any pie though. It’s a Maple Brown Butter Chess Pie! Your tastes buds should be dancing with delight just from reading that heavenly title. They should be telling you that Thanksgiving isn’t the only time you should be reaching for a slice of pie. All holiday season is fair game.
I shared a Brown Sugar Chess Pie last year during the holiday season that many of you adore, and this one will be no different. This pie starts with brown butter, and if you haven’t browned your butter yet, I’m afraid this pie may make you a bit addicted. The nutty and deepened flavor of the butter enhances this pie in such a special way. I also added a hint of pure maple syrup to the mix. What a lovely layer of sweetness it adds.
The final texture of the pie is perfectly chewy like the fudgiest brownie. I think the texture is highlighted by the beauty of the Safest Choice Eggs I used. Each bite was moist and more delicious than the last. Then I added a quick sauce of cranberries, sugar and water sauteed until the berries were softened over the slices. Delish! I seriously could not get enough which means I will be the first one adhering to weight loss resolutions in January.
I used the following products for this recipe:
Maple Brown Butter Chess Pie
- ¾ cup butter browned and cooled
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 large Safest Choice eggs
- 1 tablespoon yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 prepared pie crust in pie pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat browned butter, sugar, maple syrup, Safest Choice eggs, cornmeal, vanilla and vinegar together in a medium sized bowl using a hand mixer or in the bowl of your stand mixer until well combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pie shell and bake for 35-45 minutes.
- Cool for at least 4 hours and serve.