Disclosure: I was compensated by Safest Choice for this post but all opinions expressed here are my own.
MEXICAN BREAKFAST FLAUTAS
WHAT IS A FLAUTA
HOW I CAME UP WITH THIS RECIPE IDEA
HOW TO MAKE MEXICAN BREAKFAST FLAUTAS
Meatless Mexican Breakfast Flautas
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons water or milk if you prefer your eggs without liquid, you can omit
- 3/4 teaspoon taco seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup pico de gallo
- 5-6 flour or corn tortillas
- 1/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese
- olive oil or canola oil non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a small sized bowl, whisk together eggs, water or milk, taco seasoning and salt and pepper.
- Over medium heat, add in canola oil and butter to a skillet and melt together.
- Next add egg mixture and pico de gallo to skillet and stir eggs to scramble until set.
- When eggs are scrambled, spoon egg mixture down the center of each tortilla and sprinkle with cheese.
- Tightly roll each tortilla and carefully place open side down on a small baking pan.
- Spray tortillas with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake flautas for 15-17 minutes or until tortillas are crispy, set and golden brown and serve.
- Optional: Sprinkle additional cheese and pico de gallo over tops of flautas for garnish.