I had a great experience this morning that I could not wait to share! I went on Fox News Chicago’s Good Day Chicago program to discuss the upcoming Pillsbury Bake-Off in Vegas and share a recipe for mini pumpkin cheesecake cookie bites. You can check out the segment here: http://www.myfoxchicago.com/
The recipe for these mini pumpkin cheesecake cookie bites was inspired by the recent recipe I made for Pillsbury. I just created a Fall twist that makes this the perfect dessert to share this Tailgating or even Thanksgiving.
Mini Pumpkin Cheesecake Cookie Bites
- 1 package Pillsbury® Ready to Bake!™ sugar cookies
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2/3 cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 ounces whipped cream topping
- Heat oven to 350°F. Remove 12 dough rounds from cookie dough package; save remaining dough for a later use. Place 1 dough round in each of 12 mini cheesecake cups with removable bottoms.
- Bake 14-16 minutes. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, beat cream cheese, pumpkin, sugar and ground cinnamon with electric mixer on medium to high speed 3 to 4 minutes until smooth. Using rubber spatula, gently fold in whipped cream topping.
- Spoon or pour cream cheese mixture over each cooled cookie until cup is full; smooth top until flat. Freeze at least 3 hours to set.
- Once cheesecakes are firm, remove pan from freezer. Gently release cheesecakes from cups. Remove cup bottoms from cheesecakes; place on cooling rack. Decorate with whipped cream and drizzle caramel sauce over tops of cheesecakes and serve.
- Repeat the process for final 12 mini bites.