Perfect Orange Carrot Cupcakes that will make your taste buds sink! Great flavor throughout and a classic done with a twist!
I’m excited to share my next recipe from Style Me Pretty Living today. With Easter right around the corner, I thought some carrot cupcakes would be great to share. But these aren’t just any carrot cupcakes, these are orange carrot cupcakes.
I love citrus flavor paired with spiced cakes. The hint of orange really brightens the spices and carrot in this recipe. And the best part is the cupcake batter is very easy to make. I also made it a bit lighter with the addition of greek yogurt (orange flavored at that!). The orange zested buttercream is really a treat and the perfect compliment.
If orange carrot cupcakes sound delicious, check out the recipe below.
- 6 ounces pureed carrots
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup orange flavored greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 sticks unsalted butter room temperature
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In one large bowl, add pureed carrots, granulated sugar, greek yogurt, oil, beaten eggs, and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until well incorporated.
- Scoop batter into cupcake lined muffin pan.
- Bake for 23-26 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Cool cupcakes on cooling rack.
- Add butter to the bowl of your mixer and slowly mix in powdered sugar then turn mixer to high to blend until creamy.
- Add in your orange juice and zest until smooth.
- Frost cupcakes after they have completely cooled then serve.