It is hot! Seriously hot outside. So hot that I needed to make this easy peach pie ice cream float recipe. This past week, Chicago saw temperatures of 100 degrees. Well I guess I need to be careful what I ask for because I have wanted true summer weather for months!
The funny thing about this weather is it completely zaps my energy, making it nearly impossible to do much of anything. Seeing gorgeous in season peaches floating around in my grocery store have had me craving a peach pie for weeks. However every single time I want to make one, I can’t stand the thought of standing in front of a hot oven with a hot sun beaming on my shoulders. I seriously had to have this easy peach pie ice cream float in my arsenal just to make it through.
This peach float was a nice and easy solution. It only requires me to stand over the stove for a few minutes to saute the peaches. I even used store bought vanilla ice cream (a quality brand of course) but if you have the time, make it homemade.
I adored this ice cream float because it wasn’t the typical peach ice cream float. I added the pie magic. It was so fun to eat. And it reminded me of a peach pie, without the work.
Peach Pie Ice Cream Float
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup fresh peeled peach slices
- 2-3 tablespoons granulated sugar depending on sweetness of peaches
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Vanilla ice cream
- Peach flavored soda I used Izze sparking peach
- Crushed graham cracker crumbs and ground cinnamon for garnish
- In a small saute pan, add butter and melt.
- Next add sliced peaches, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla extract to the pan and saute over medium heat until peaches are soft and syrup has formed.
- Let peaches cool.
- Once peaches are cooled, alternate scoops of vanilla ice cream with sauteed peaches in a glass. Pour peach flavored soda over the ice cream layers.
- Lastly, top with crushed graham crackers and a pinch of ground cinnamon.