Scallop and Shrimp Scampi Recipe: A beautifully bright and fresh twist on the traditional shrimp scampi with fun and spicy flavors.
This year is going by super fast. Way too fast in my opinion. I remember snow outside, Christmas music and peppermint bark just like it was yesterday. Sometimes I feel like it truly was yesterday. I think it has a little to do with my schedule being so hectic. I was just in Las Vegas and New York a week ago. Yep, I did my second segment on the TODAY Show (pinch me already!), and it was a blast! Check it out below.
There is no doubt that this year is passing by a bit quicker than I am ready for. My 35th birthday is looming in just a couple short weeks, and when that day comes, I will know that we will soon be halfway through the entire year.
To cope with the fast pace of this year, I have started to slow down. I know that sounds strange but it makes sense in an odd way. I’m trying to take it all in more. While I keep getting busier, I am carving out ways for me to live more in the moment and enjoy all the blessings happening around me. Part of this slow down process has involved quick and easy meals so I’m not spending my entire day in the kitchen.
This Scallop and Shrimp Scampi Recipe was one of the meals that fit in my quick and easy arsenal perfectly. We are all familiar with classic shrimp scampi but Scallop and Shrimp Scampi is ten times better my friends. I am a big lover of scallops. I love the texture and fun chewiness of it. Adding them to this traditional recipe helped pep things up a bit without adding too much more time.
My Scallop and Shrimp Scampi recipe is done start to finish in 20-25 minutes. If you are in a rhythm, you may be able to finish it in 15. It also has the same flavors you are familiar with in the classic recipe but with a bit more spice. I added a little paprika and red pepper flakes. If you aren’t a fan of spice, feel free to omit and keep it moving. The lemon juice, wine, butter and even lemon pepper will provide more than enough flavor for you. And make sure you pair it with my homemade garlic bread because that right there is the perfect meal!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 pound fresh scallops
- 1/2 pound fresh shrimp deveined and peeled
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- Optional: Pinch of teaspoon paprika
- Optional: Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Cooked Angel Hair Pasta for serving
- Optional: Chopped parsley and lemon zest to garnish
- Heat olive oil and butter in a skillet over medium high heat.
- Next add the fresh scallops to the skillet and cook until the scallops are half way cooked through.
- Throw in the shrimp and cook until pink and the scallops are completely finished cooking.
- Add in garlic and cook for 1 for one minute while continuously stirring.
- Next add in white wine and lemon juice then add in the lemon pepper, paprika and red pepper flakes and allow the liquid to reduce by half.
- Serve over pasta and sprinkle with chopped parsley and lemon zest and serve hot.