Jif S’more Peanut Butter Cookies – classic peanut butter cookie recipe turned up a notch with the addition of s’more flavors: chocolate and marshmallows!
Disclaimer: This post has been sponsored by Jif, but all thoughts and opinions are all my own.
PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES
Peanut butter cookies are iconic, especially the Jif Irresistible Peanut Butter Cookies. They are the only peanut butter cookie recipe I have ever used, and that’s the honest truth. The results are always consistently amazing, and even better when you can jazz them up with delicious ingredients like I did with this new Jif S’more Peanut Butter Cookie recipe.
WHY MAKE THIS PEANUT BUTTER COOKIE RECIPE
The magic of this Jif S’more Peanut Butter Cookie recipe lies in the following categories:
EASY PEANUT BUTTER COOKIE RECIPE
These cookies are quick and easy to pull together in a “jif”. I didn’t need much time to create this recipe. In fact, I threw the batch together while I was cooking dinner and baked them while I was eating dinner so warm cookies were waiting for dessert.
HOW DO YOU MAKE PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES SOFT AND CHEWY?
Next, the taste and texture of these cookies are the best. The Jif peanut butter flavor really is the star but isn’t overpowering. The recipe calls for the perfect amount for any peanut butter lover like myself. The texture is also incredible. I am the biggest fan of chewy cookies that melt in your mouth, and these definitely achieve that.
YOU’LL LOVE THE ADAPTABILITY OF THIS RECIPE
Lastly, the base of the cookie is really flexible. I love throwing various mix-ins into my cookies, and this recipe is perfect for that! Add chocolate chips, graham cracker crumbs, and marshmallows to get that great s’more flavor but feel free to adapt these with anything from candy to caramel and butterscotch chips. I imagine that these would be delightful with anything you can think of.
This peanut butter cookie recipe is a classic that you will enjoy time and time again. Your family is
sure to fight over the last cookie. Add my s’more twist and you are guaranteed to make a baking splash in the kitchen. If you like this cookie recipe, you’ll love some of my other great cookie recipes.
- PERFECT SHORTBREAD COOKIES WITH CHOCOLATE
- CHEWY OATMEAL RAISIN COOKIES
- KEY LIME PIE COOKIES
- CHAI BROWNED BUTTER SNICKERDOODLES
- SOFT AND CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
Jif S'more Peanut Butter Cookies - classic peanut butter cookie recipe turned up a notch with the addition of s'more flavors: chocolate and marshmallows!
- 3/4 cup Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/2 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- Or 1/2 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 3/4 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 cup crushed graham crackers
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Combine peanut butter, shortening, brown sugar, milk and vanilla in large bowl. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Add egg. Beat just until blended.
- COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt. Then add in chocolate chips, mini marshmallows and crushed graham crackers. Add to creamed mixture at low speed. Mix just until blended.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2-inches apart onto greased baking sheet. Flatten slightly.
- BAKE one baking sheet at a time 7 to 8 minutes, or until set and just beginning to brown. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet. Remove cookies to cooling racks to cool completely.
Recipe Adapted from Jif Irresistible Peanut Butter Cookies
If you're looking for just a classic peanut butter cookie, you can make these cookies with just the peanut butter if you wish. Simply eliminate the chocolate chips and marshmallows from the cookie dough.