This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Hidden Valley® Ranch. The opinions and text are all mine.
Sriracha Lime Chicken Tenders Recipe – A deliciously easy and perfect weeknight oven fried chicken tenders recipe which is crispy and filled with flavor.
You guys all know how much I love fried chicken and sharing fried chicken recipes. I seriously love pushing the envelope to see just how many recipes I can share! Growing up, I couldn’t wait for Sunday Supper where an entire platter of crispy golden fried chicken was placed right in the center of our dining room table.
Lately, I’ve been eating much healthier so oven frying is the way to go in my household. It allows me to feed my southern sensibilities and cravings in a method that still keeps things light. However light on fat doesn’t mean light on flavor. I’m always looking for ways to jazz up my oven fried recipes to keep me interested!
Well let me just say y’all, my oven fried chicken tenders have now risen to new heights. Whenever I fry or oven fry, I love to use my usual buttermilk bath to really let the flavor and moisture soak in but now I’ve explored a new option that you simply must add to your arsenal. I recently tried the NEW Hidden Valley® Simply Ranch as a marinade, and it was pretty life changing.
It comes in three amazing flavors: Original Classic Ranch, Cucumber Basil Ranch and Chili Lime Ranch, and you can find them all at Walmart now. I have a Walmart a few blocks from my home so it makes it super easy to pick up ingredients using my coupons which allow me to make a delicious yet quick weeknight meal for my husband and I.
I simply poured an entire bottle over the chicken tenders to let the flavors develop and intensify for a couple of hours. I felt great about this because this dressing has absolutely no artificial preservatives, flavors or colors so let it soak on in!
The dressing is also already made with buttermilk so you get that buttermilk tang you truly crave. The best part is the fantastic spices, seasonings and herbs packed into the dressing that get marinated right into your chicken. I added a little sriracha to pack some additional heat to the Cucumber Basil flavor I used. It gave it the essence of both cool and spicy. Next time, I will try the Chili Lime for even more heat. What can I say? I love a nice spice kick!
For the breading, I used Italian Panko Crumbs which already had additional flavor as well. The crunch is what I truly love about Japanese bread crumbs. It gives me that crispy texture that makes fried chicken so irresistible. I bake these at a higher heat so the crispy exterior can become golden brown but the inside can remain juicy and moist.
Lastly, I paired the chicken tenders with a side of Original Classic Ranch. It is such a great dip for these. When I took my first bite, the flavors literally exploded in my mouth. The marinade truly infused the chicken with so many fantastic herbs that you truly don’t need much of anything else to spice it up. I was in love, and you will be too!
- 1 bottle Hidden Valley® Cucumber Ranch dressing
- 1/4 cup Sriracha sauce
- 1 lb boneless chicken tenderloins
- 1 cup Italian panko crumbs
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Add chicken and full bottle of dressing to a medium sized bowl. Using tongs, toss the chicken in the dressing to full coat. Marinate chicken tenders for 3-4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375° and cover baking sheet with parchment paper and spray liberally with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together panko crumbs, paprika, lemon pepper, salt and cayenne until combined.
- To assemble, carefully dip each tender into panko mixture evenly coating each piece then place on baking sheet.
- Once done coating all chicken, liberally spray tops of chicken tenders with additional cooking spray. Bake 13-16 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and outside is golden brown. Serve with side of ranch.