Isn’t this strawberry upside down cake just the most darling yet sexy thing ever?
STRAWBERRY UPSIDE DOWN CAKE
HOW TO MAKE STRAWBERRY UPSIDE DOWN CAKE
- cream cheese
- granulated sugar
- brown sugar
- baking soda
- strawberry soda
- strawberry flavor
VALENTINE’S DAY DESSERT RECIPES
Heart Shaped Strawberry Upside Down Cake - replace the pineapples with succulent strawberries and make the most delicious and romantic cake ever. It's one the best Valentine's Day dessert recipes on the internet.
- 8 strawberries tops removed and shaped into hearts
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar for berries
- 4 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups self-rising flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup strawberry soda
- 1/4 teaspoon strawberry flavor
- Powdered sugar to garnish
- 2 coffee stirrers
- 4 whole strawberries
- For the cake, Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray two heart shaped pans sized 6x2 with cooking spray.
- Arrange heart shaped sliced strawberries on the bottom of the pan in the shape of larger hearts (4 berries to each pan).
Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of sugar on top of berries in each pan.
- Add cream cheese and granulated and brown sugars to the bowl of a mixer and beat until nice and smooth.
- Add in the eggs one at a time beating after each addition.
- Turn mixer to slow speed and add in flour and baking soda then add in buttermilk, strawberry soda and strawberry flavor until everything is well blended.
- Evenly pour the mixture into the greased heart pans over the strawberries.
- Bake for 28-34 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cakes comes out clean.
- Let the cakes cool for at least 5 minutes, then run a knife along the outside edge of each pan and turn the pans out onto serving plates.
- Optional: Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- For the arrows, Remove leafs from and hull out four strawberries.
- Push one coffee stirrer through the side of one of the cakes on an angle.
- On the lower end of each stirrer, push one strawberry facing up into the stirrer.
- On the higher end of the stirrer, place one strawberry facing down into the stirrer. Repeat on other cake.