I am so glad to share these strawberry lemonade cupcakes for Georgia of The Comfort of Cooking’s Virtual Baby Shower.
Pink is the theme because she has a precious baby girl on the way which we all can’t wait to meet! The strawberry buttercream on top of these cupcakes is the perfect way to celebrate the pink occasion for one of my favorite bloggers.
Strawberry lemonade is my favorite summer drink. There is a restaurant in Chicago that does it perfectly. There are chunks of sweet strawberries mixed in a fresh squeezed lemon juice and simple syrup base. They also add a sparkling water to the mix which takes the tart yet sweet taste over the top.
Getting that flavor into a cupcake isn’t the easiest thing in the world but these strawberry lemonade cupcakes definitely remind me of that refreshing drink for sure. The base is a fluffy, light and moist lemon flavored cupcake which melts in your mouth. The tart citrus touch really shines but the strawberry buttercream is the perfect compliment. It adds a layer of flavor that just works.
I would bring these cute cupcakes to any baby shower in a heartbeat! Georgia, I hope you and your future baby girl enjoy these on your pretty pink day!
If you want to see the other recipes we are featuring in our fun pink baby shower, check them out below:
- Strawberry Cheesecake Mousse from Texanerin Baking
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Petit Fours from Chocolate & Carrots
- Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes from Grandbaby Cakes
- Beet Pesto Pasta from Little Kitchie
- Strawberry Almond Cream Tart from Jeanette’s Healthy Living
- Mini Lemon-Rhubarb Bundt Cakes from Girl Versus Dough
- Lightened Up No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Parfaits from Steph’s Bite by Bite
- Strawberry Swirl Sour Cream Bars from Crunchy Creamy Sweet
- Lemon Raspberry Poppy Seed Cookie Cups from Cookie Monster Cooking
- Rhubarb Cream Cheese Hand Pies from Eats Well With Others
- Kale Salad with Strawberries, Goat cheese, and Strawberry Vinaigrette from The Roasted Root
- Roasted Asparagus and Goat Cheese Frittata from The Lemon Bowl
- Roasted Strawberry Greek Yogurt Cheesecake from Baker by Nature
- Strawberry Lemonade Frosted Sugar Cookie Bars from A Kitchen Addiction
- Strawberry Lemonade Bars from Culinary Couture
- White Velvet Layer Cake with Strawberry-Raspberry Mascarpone Buttercream from Wicked Good Kitchen
- Lemon Cupcakes with Lemon Glaze from The Messy Baker
Strawberry lemonade is my favorite summer drink. Getting that flavor into a cupcake isn’t the easiest thing in the world but these strawberry lemonade cupcakes definitely remind me of that refreshing drink for sure.
- 1 stick unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 3 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/3 cup buttermilk or coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 cup strawberries sliced and dried on a paper towel
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 - 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Add cupcake liners to muffin pan.
- In the bowl of your mixer, add butter and sugar and mix on high until well blended and fluffy.
- Turn down mixer to medium speed and add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Next, turn down mixer to low speed and add in lemon zest, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Lastly, add in lemon juice, milk and vanilla extract and mix until well blended.
- Using an ice cream scooper, fill each cupcake liner 3/4 full and bake for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Place cupcake pan on cooling rack for 10 minutes.
- Remove cupcakes from pan and let rest until completely cool.
- Add butter to mixer and start on high speed. Add in strawberries and lemon juice and continue to mix. Lastly, slowly add in powdered sugar and continue to mix until buttercream is fluffy and light. If the buttercream is a little watery due to the berries, add in more powdered sugar until buttercream consistency has stiffened.
- Pipe or frost completely cooled cupcakes with buttercream.