SWIRLED VANILLA CHOCOLATE FUNNEL CAKES
HOMEMADE FUNNEL CAKE
FUNNEL CAKE RECIPES
Swirled Vanilla Chocolate Funnel Cakes – Vanilla and chocolate swirl together to create the most unique and delicious funnel cakes you will ever try!
- 4 cups vegetable or canola oil for frying
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- Confectioner's sugar for serving or other toppings
- Heat oil in a pot to about 375 degrees.
- Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a medium sized bowl until combined.
- Next whisk in wet ingredients: milk, eggs and vanilla extract until the batter is nice and smooth.
- Add half of the mixture to a funnel, squeeze bottle or even a cake decorating piping bag with a round tip.
- Add cocoa powder to the other half and add to a separate funnel.
- Once oil is nice and hot, swirl both batters together in a spirally shape (have fun with this part) into the oil and fry. Turn over once the first side is nice and golden brown.
- Once both sides are golden brown, remove from oil and place on paper towels to drain. These babies fry fast!
- Immediately cover with confectioner's sugar or other toppings and serve while hot. If you are frying a lot, feel free to keep these warm in the oven until you are ready to serve.