Swirled Vanilla Chocolate Funnel Cakes – vanilla and chocolate swirl together to create the
most unique and delicious homemade funnel cake you will ever try!
Disclosure: I received this dress from LOFT free of charge but please know that all
opinions expressed here are my own. I just happen to love LOFT and wanted to share my
birthday outfit with you!
SWIRLED VANILLA CHOCOLATE FUNNEL CAKES
Believe it or not, yesterday, I turned 34 and turned up! Yep I had pretty much the best birthday weekend ever. Because I have this thing about celebrating my birthday all month long, I am continuing the June celebration with these fantastic Swirled Vanilla Chocolate Funnel Cakes. I am sure they will get you in the celebratory mood.
So let’s recap the birthday week. All the fun really began when I had the most amazing time
shopping for a fun birthday outfit. I went to one of my fave stores LOFT to check out some
options and had the pleasure of shopping with the Chicago Fashion Director Amanda who was
so trendy and stylish and Abby who handles LOFT’s incredible PR. They definitely both had a
great knack for figuring out what would work.
Once I entered the store I knew right away what I wanted. I saw this fantastic floral print dress called Full Bloom Maxi Dress that was bright and fun and just fit my personality to a tee. Amanda and I both decided I had to try on this dress which ended up being “the one”. We just needed to get the size down right. It became my birthday dress right away. See that wide smile?
HOMEMADE FUNNEL CAKE
This Loft dress reminds me of summer just like these swirled vanilla chocolate funnel cakes. There is nothing more summer friendly than funnel cakes, and they bring back so many amazing childhood memories. Two batters, one plain (vanilla) and one chocolate, were created and separated, swirling them together in the fryer creating the most impressive and unique homemade funnel cakes.
I wanted to make a post-birthday treat that would take me back to a simpler time when there were no cares or worries in the world. I could spend a hot afternoon digging into a funnel cake and smearing the gobs of powdered sugar all over my face. It was just what I needed to feel young again.
FUNNEL CAKE RECIPES
If you like this swirled vanilla chocolate funnel cake recipe, you’ll love some of my other funnel cake recipes.
*Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating and leave comments below!*
Swirled Vanilla Chocolate Funnel Cakes
Swirled Vanilla Chocolate Funnel Cakes – Vanilla and chocolate swirl together to create the most unique and delicious funnel cakes you will ever try!Print Pin Rate
Servings: 4 funnel cakes
- 4 cups vegetable or canola oil for frying
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- Confectioner's sugar for serving or other toppings
- Heat oil in a pot to about 375 degrees.
- Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a medium sized bowl until combined.
- Next whisk in wet ingredients: milk, eggs and vanilla extract until the batter is nice and smooth.
- Add half of the mixture to a funnel, squeeze bottle or even a cake decorating piping bag with a round tip.
- Add cocoa powder to the other half and add to a separate funnel.
- Once oil is nice and hot, swirl both batters together in a spirally shape (have fun with this part) into the oil and fry. Turn over once the first side is nice and golden brown.
- Once both sides are golden brown, remove from oil and place on paper towels to drain. These babies fry fast!
- Immediately cover with confectioner's sugar or other toppings and serve while hot. If you are frying a lot, feel free to keep these warm in the oven until you are ready to serve.
Calories: 361kcal | Carbohydrates: 62g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 102mg | Sodium: 368mg | Potassium: 392mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 285IU | Calcium: 192mg | Iron: 3.6mg