White Chocolate Ginger Cookies Recipe – super soft and chewy ginger cookies filled with gingerbread flavor dipped with melted white chocolate. They’re guaranteed to become your new favorite Christmas cookies!
There is seriously nothing like Christmas time. I love this time of your year not for the weather but for the joy the season brings and all the Christmas cookies. From sugar cookies and butter cookies to oatmeal raisin and chocolate chip, I can’t get enough. I personally think of gingerbread cookies when someone mentions Christmas cookies, and that’s how I came up with this White Chocolate Ginger Cookies Recipe.
Besides the presents under the tree, I can’t imagine a December not filled with holiday baking and Christmas cookies of every single type. This is the time of the year where I get to let my imagination run wild with cookie flavor combos and ideas galore. I decided to combine the flavor of gingerbread cookies with creamy white chocolate, resulting in this white chocolate ginger cookie recipe.
WHITE CHOCOLATE GINGER COOKIES RECIPE
I happen to love gingerbread cookies, but I am not a big fan of the work. Get me away from a cookie cutter and royal icing and stick me with a tablespoon and some dough, and I’m all good. This ginger cookies recipe is just what I crave without all of the hard work and discipline. Dipped in a little white chocolate and topped with festive sprinkles, you get all of the decor but low key style.
HOW TO MAKE GINGER COOKIES FROM SCRATCH
Making ginger cookies from scratch is not difficult. In fact, that’s what I love about this white chocolate ginger cookies recipe. Its dough comes together effortlessly. The butter is melted and cooled, which means you can basically whisk all of the ingredients together without a mixer. How easy is that? In addition to the ease and great gingerbread flavor in these cookies that comes from ground ginger, molasses AND brown sugar, these cookies have the absolute perfect chewy and soft texture.
My family polished off the entire batch of these white chocolate ginger cookies, and they are super adorable too! I suggest getting in the kitchen with the ones you love to make these then curling up to watch your favorite Christmas movies. We watched Home Alone and laughed the entire time like we saw it for the very first time.
If you like these white chocolate ginger cookies, then you’ll love some of my other tasty
Christmas cookie recipes.
- BUTTER RICOTTA COOKIES
- SALTED CARAMEL CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- CHAI BROWNED BUTTER SNICKERDOODLES
- DARK CHOCOLATE AND CRANBERRY OATMEAL COOKIES
- EGGNOG ICED BUTTER COOKIES
*Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating and leave comments below!*
White Chocolate Ginger Cookies Recipe
White Chocolate Ginger Cookies Recipe - super soft and chewy ginger cookies filled with gingerbread flavor dipped with melted white chocolate. They're guaranteed to become your new favorite Christmas cookies!Print Pin Rate
Servings: 34 cookies
- ½ cup unsalted butter melted then cooled to room temperature
- ½ cup light brown sugar packed
- ⅓ cup molasses
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar optional
- 6 ounces white chocolate
- Holiday sprinkles
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Add melted butter to medium sized bowl then whisk in brown sugar and molasses until smooth.
- Next whisk in large egg and vanilla extract until incorporated.
- In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, cloves and salt until well mixed then add to wet batter until blended.
- Measure tablespoon amounts of dough and roll into balls. If you would like, roll them in sugar before putting on the cookie sheet making sure to space each dough ball 1/2 inch apart. These don't spread too much.
- Bake for about 8 minutes (definitely no more than 10 to keep them chewy) then remove and allow to cool.
- Add white chocolate to a microwave safe bowl and microwave in 20 second intervals stirring between each interval until completely melted.
- Dip one side of each cooled cookie into white chocolate and place back on parchment paper. Add sprinkles to chocolate and allow to chill and serve.
Decorate these cookies after adding the melted white chocolate on top but before it cools.
Calories: 102kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 90mg | Potassium: 76mg | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 95IU | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 0.6mg
Tried this Recipe? Tag me Today!Mention @GrandbabyCakes or tag #grandbabycakes!
Doorstep Cake says
I feel cookies are the best thing that we can enjoy anytime. Your ideas are always mind-blowing and I love it. This Raushan from India. I run an online cake shop and many times I implement your ideas (Recipes) in my kitchen.
These cookies look amazing!! I’m definitely making these cookies this week!!!
These look sooo good, Jocelyn! Love!
Jocelyn (Grandbaby Cakes) says
Thank you so much!
I love ginger and molasses together! Those sprinkles are so cute, too!
Melissa Howell says
I LOVE ginger cookies! White chocolate can only make them better! What a great combo for Christmas!
Michelle Goth says
These are absolutely adorable! Plus, they look and sound so tasty!
Jocelyn (Grandbaby Cakes) says
Thank you so much!