Individual Strawberry Crumbles
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
Servings 3 crumbles
- 2 cups strawberries washed, hulled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon orange juice or lemon juice
- 1/4- 1/2 cup granulated sugar check sweetness of strawberries to determine best amount
- Sprinkle of salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup melted salted butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
For the strawberry mixture, toss together strawberries, orange or lemon juice, granulated sugar, salt, vanilla extract and cornstarch in a medium bowl. Set aside.
While strawberries sit and thicken, assemble the crumble. Add brown sugar, granulated sugar, cinnamon and flour to a small to medium sized bowl.
Whisk ingredients together.
Slowly add in melted butter and stir in to combine until crumbs develop.
Add strawberry mixture to ramekins (I used 2 ounce sized ramekins).
Spoon crumbs over the tops of the strawberries.
Bake crumbles for 30 minutes. You can serve your crumbles warm or cold but my favorite way is warm with a nice scoop of vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!
Calories: 576kcal | Carbohydrates: 107g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 40mg | Sodium: 144mg | Potassium: 209mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 80g | Vitamin A: 475IU | Vitamin C: 59.3mg | Calcium: 44mg | Iron: 1.9mg