Fresh Peach Pie
This Fresh Peach Pie recipe combines ripe summer peaches, spices and sweetness under a buttery and flaky crust!
Servings: 8 servings
For the Crust
- 1 pie crust using this recipe https://grandbaby-cakes.com/perfect-pie-crust-recipe/
For the Peach Filling:
- 6 cups peeled and sliced fresh peaches
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4-1/2 cup granulated sugar adjust this based on sweetness of peaches
- Sprinkle salt
- Sprinkle nutmeg
- Sprinkle cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour go up to 5 if peaches are really watery
- 1/4 cup butter in small slices
- 1 large egg with 1 teaspoon of water beaten
- Raw sugar for garnish
For The Peach Filling:
In a large bowl, add peaches, lemon est and juice, both sugars, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon, and flour and toss together until peaches are well coated.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Roll out half of the pie dough and place the rest in the refrigerator. Add rolled out pie dough to the bottom of your pie plate.
Fill pie dough with peach filling.
Dot top of peach filling with butter.
Roll out remaining dough and add to the top of the peach filling in a full sheet, in a lattice design or in another decorative design of your choosing.
Brush top of pie crush with egg wash and sprinkle with sugar.
Bake for 35-45 minutes or until crust is golden brown and inside peach filling is bubbling.
For the pie crust, make sure your ingredients stay incredibly cold! This will create the flakiest crust.
Depending on the sweetness of your peaches, make sure you adjust your sugar accordingly.
Calories: 456kcal | Carbohydrates: 53g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 93mg | Sodium: 361mg | Potassium: 284mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 30g | Vitamin A: 990IU | Vitamin C: 8.5mg | Calcium: 45mg | Iron: 1.8mg