Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
These BEST Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies could go up against any other cookie! Buttery, perfectly sweet, melt in your mouth chewy and full of out of this world flavor, nobody will ever guess they are Gluten-Free.
Servings: 24 cookies
- 2 1/2 cups King Arthur Gluten Free Measure For Measure Flour
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 2 large egg yolks room temperature
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips can go up to 2 cups if preferred
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.In a medium sized bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, salt, baking powder and baking soda and put aside.
In the bowl of your mixer, add butter and both granulated and brown sugars and mix together for 3-4 minutes on high until light and fluffy.
Next add in eggs one at a time, mixing until incorporated. Then add in pure vanilla extract and beat until smooth.
Turn down your mixer to low and add in flour mixture in three intervals beating after each addition until well-combined. Lastly, stir in chocolate chips. Dough should be pretty thick.
Place dough in the refrigerator for at least an hour or a half. Two hours is even better.
Scoop cookie dough in balls the size of a tablespoon and place on parchment paper lined cookie sheet at least 1 1/2 inches apart.
Bake 10-12 minutes. Allow them to cool for 5-10 minutes then serve.
- Do not skip the chilling of the dough. It is essential for two reasons:
- 1. It helps to make sure your dough doesn't spread too much and keeps it shape while it bakes.
- 2. The resting time allows the gluten free flour to absorb some of the liquids (chewy cookies have more moisture in their batter) in the dough which also helps to set the cookie’s structure.
Calories: 244kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 45mg | Sodium: 110mg | Potassium: 42mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 25g | Vitamin A: 293IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 45mg | Iron: 1mg