1. Gather and measure out all ingredients before starting for an easier workflow while cooking.
2. Fresh Pasta is the best pasta selection for this dish. Fresh pasta tastes better when added to butter base cream sauces. You can find fresh pasta in the refrigerator area of your grocery store.
3. Cook pasta al dente because the pasta will continue to cook when added to the sauce.
4. Double the ingredients for a saucier pasta.
5. The pasta will soak up the sauce. If there are any leftovers, there will be less sauce.
6. Freshly Shaved Parmesan Cheese melts better when selecting your Parmesan cheese.
7. Use a really good nonstick skillet to sear scallops so the scallops do not stick.
8. You can use chicken stock or broth in place of the dry white wine.
9. If you do not have time to roast the garlic, you can sauté about eight finely chopped garlic cloves in a drizzle of olive oil in pan, right before adding the butter and cream to the pan.
10. Scallops can be substituted for other meats such as shrimp, chicken or even salmon.