Best Crab Cakes
This authentic Crab Cake recipe is packed with flaky fresh crab meat, just a little panko texture, and flavorful citrus, dijon and Old Bay seasoning with a hint of spice. This is the best you will try and it will keep you coming back time and time again!
Servings: 6 servings
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp Old Bay seasoning
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper can go up to 1/2 tsp if you want more spice
- 2 lbs fresh crabmeat drained, flaked and all cartilage removed
- 3/4 cup plain panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp oil canola, vegetable or olive oil is best
- 1 tbsp butter
In a large bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, eggs, parsley, mustard, lemon juice, Old Bay and cayenne until combined.
Next fold in crabmeat and breadcrumbs and shape into 6-8 crabcakes. Place in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
Add butter and olive oil to the skillet over medium heat.
Cook crab cakes for 4-5 minutes on each side until golden brown.
Drain on paper towels then serve with lemon slices and a side of this remoulade sauce.
- If possible, always buy fresh or frozen crab meat rather than canned. Canned options are typically flavorless and rubbery. My favorite brand is Pontchartrain which I find at Whole Foods. It is fresh and delicious. I get their lump crab.
Calories: 280kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 138mg | Sodium: 1427mg | Potassium: 330mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 281IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 94mg | Iron: 2mg