Keto Air Fryer Fried Chicken
This Easy Air Fryer Fried Chicken is keto! Made with pork crumbs, hot sauce, and seasoned salt, this low-carb recipe is crispy, juicy and irresistible!
Prep Time20 minutes mins
Cook Time20 minutes mins
Total Time40 minutes mins
Course: Main Course
Cuisine: American, Southern
Servings: 12 servings
- 3 large eggs beaten
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- 1 tsp worchestershire
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 1/4 cup unseasoned pork panko crumbs
- seasoned salt to taste (remember that the panko crumbs have some salt depending on what brand you use)- start at 1 tsp and mix in and taste the flour mixture and keep adjusting until you get to the desired amount
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper up to 1/2 tsp or more if you want more spice
- 1 lb bone in chicken legs and wings or boneless chicken tenders
- non stick cooking spray
- lemon wedges for garnish and serving optional
In a medium sized bowl, whisk together eggs, hot sauce and worcestershire and set aside.
Next add flour, unseasoned pork panko crumbs, seasoned salt to taste, paprika, black pepper, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper to a paper bag and shake to mix well.
Dip each chicken piece into flour mixture and then egg wash coating both sides then dip back into seasoned flour thoroughly coating each piece. Then add piece to a parchment lined baking sheet to rest.
Finish coating all chicken and let sit for 10-15 minutes until coating has set.
While coating sets, set the air fryer to 400 degrees. Add floured chicken to a non stick sprayed parchment lined tray in the air fryer and liberally spray the tops of chicken with non stick spray.
Airfry for 20-25 minutes turning as needed or until chicken is cooked throughout. Serve with lemon wedges and sprinkle lemon on chicken if you wish.
Calories: 146kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 0.02g | Cholesterol: 64mg | Sodium: 103mg | Potassium: 77mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 265IU | Vitamin C: 0.4mg | Calcium: 36mg | Iron: 1mg