This rustic Cheesy Tarragon Tomato Tart goes from prep to finish in less than 30 minutes! Made with buttery puff pastry, creamy cheddar and havarti cheese, fresh tarragon, and hot honey, this tart is the perfect Summer dinner or appetizer to showcase all those ripe, juicy tomatoes!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time23 mins
Total Time38 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 4 Heirloom Tomatoes (cored and sliced) or 2 cups Cherry Tomatoes up to 6 tomatoes
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves grated or minced
- 2 tbsp fresh tarragon chopped and separated
- 1 tsp hot honey plus more for serving
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 frozen puff pastry sheet thawed
- 1 cup sharp white cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup havarti or gouda cheese shredded
- 1 large egg beaten
- garlic salt or everything bagel spice for sprinkling
- shaved parmesan cheese for garnish
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, balsamic, olive oil, garlic, hot honey, and 1 tablespoon of tarragon. Season with salt and pepper, then set aside.
Lay the puff pastry sheet on a clean, lightly floured surface. Using a rolling pin, gently roll out the sheet to stretch slightly. Move the pastry sheet onto the parchment paper-lined pan.
Sprinkle the shredded cheddar and havarti (or gouda) over the surface of the pastry sheet, leaving about a ½ inch of space around the border. Layer the tomatoes on top of the cheese, pressing in slightly to adhere. Arrange the tomatoes in any order or design you’d like.
Fold the edges of the pastry inward to enclose the tomatoes. Brush the edges with beaten egg and sprinkle with either garlic salt or everything bagel spice.
Transfer to the oven and bake for 18-23 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown and the tomatoes burst.
Top with the remaining tablespoon of tarragon, shaved Parmesan, a heavy drizzle of hot honey, and freshly cracked black pepper. Serve and enjoy!
Calories: 646kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 46g | Saturated Fat: 18g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 21g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 97mg | Sodium: 577mg | Potassium: 513mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 1749IU | Vitamin C: 19mg | Calcium: 453mg | Iron: 4mg