Auntie Patch’s Beer Battered Onion Rings submitted by Karen Anderson
I’ve been making these onion rings for decades and haven’t found any that taste better or are easier to make. My family loves them!
Auntie Patch's Beer Battered Onion Rings submitted by Karen Anderson
- 1-3 onions cut into rings
- 1 bottle of beer of choice
- All-purpose flour
- Vegetable oil
- Mix equal parts of beer and flour. Let stand for at least 2 hours.
- Heat oven to 200 degrees. Cover a cookie sheet with a large paper grocery bag. Put lined cookie sheet in the oven.
- Pour oil into a deep sided pot. Heat oil until the end of a wooden spoon dipped into oil starts to bubble.
- Dip rings into the batter and carefully place them into the hot oil. Crisp the rings on both sides and remove to the lined cookie sheet in the oven. Salt.
- Repeat until rings are all fried. Pull them out of the oven to serve.