These easy Blackened Shrimp Nachos are spicy, cheesy, crunchy and loaded with flavorful seafood. Update your Game Day Super Bowl menu and game day eats with tons of flavor and spice like in this Blackened Salmon. If you love these nachos, you will love my nacho twist in these Loaded Fries, Shrimp Nacho Potato Skins and these Steak Nachos and Pizza Nachos !!
The Most Delicious Shrimp Nachos with a twist added: Blackened Shrimp!
I’ve got something to confess to you all: I’m obsessed with blackened shrimp. Whether it’s on a salad, in a sandwich or on a skewer, I absolutely love it. The blackened flavor is so intense and delicious that I’ve sought out several ways to incorporate these shrimp into many of my recipes.
On a busy day I look forward to recipes that are quick and easy without compromising flavor. These shrimp require nothing more than a hot skillet, blackened seasoning and 15 minutes of my time. I’ve found myself using these shrimp to make tacos, stews, and of course, creating these sensational nachos.
We are in the midst of the football season which, for an avid home entertainer like myself, is quite exciting. Hosting family and friends in my home and serving them delicious food makes me feel so happy.
I love appetizers like these that are decadent and absolutely addictive. They can be served for parties and game days or just for at home movie nights with the family. No matter what the occasion, these nachos are devoured in minutes. I could seriously even eat this for dinner.
HOW TO MAKE BLACKENED SHRIMP NACHOS
- Tortilla chips
- Pico de gallo
- Shredded cheese
- Blackened shrimp
Blackened Shrimp Recipe – How To Blacken Shrimp
Blackened Shrimp couldn’t be any easier to make! Seriously, all you need is a few simple ingredients and a hot skillet.
Heat your cast iron or non-stick skillet and toss a pound of deveined and peeled shrimp in blackened seasoning. (Blackened seasoning can be found out any local grocery store.)
Or if you want to make your own, you can easily use my Cajun Seasoning.
Because of the dark coloration of the seasoning, it can be difficult to know when the shrimp is fully cooked.
Tip 1: Shrimp cooks very quickly, I’m talking about 2 minutes of cooking on each side. So don’t walk away from the stove!
Tip 2: When properly cooked, the shrimp should be plump and slightly curled inward. The seasoning will develop a bit of char on the exterior on the shrimp and the tails should be red. Simple!
If You Love These Shrimp Nachos, Try These Other Super Bowl Recipes
Blackened Shrimp Nachos
- 1 lb peeled and deveined shrimp
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp blackened or cajun seasoning
- 1 bg tortilla chips
- 1 jar fresh pico de gallo
- 1 package shredded Mexican cheese
- Optional: Cilantro for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- For shrimp, add olive oil to a cast iron or heavy bottom skillet over medium high heat. Add raw shrimp to a bag and pour blackened seasoning over it. Shake the shrimp in the bag to make sure the seasoning sticks. Fry shrimp in an even layer for 2 minutes on each side and set aside.
- Next begin layering process. Add half of tortilla chips, followed by half of pico de gallo and half of cheese then repeat with remaining tortilla chips, pico de gallo and shredded cheese.
- Top nachos with shrimp and bake for 10-15 minutes or until everything has melted together and is hot and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes then top with cilantro (if desired) and serve.