Crispy Buffalo Wings – Crunchy seasoned fried chicken wings take a dip in a classic buffalo wing sauce becoming the ultimate game day or party food!
CRISPY BUFFALO WINGS
HOW DO YOU MAKE CRISPY FRIED BUFFALO WINGS?
BUFFALO WING SAUCE
SUPER BOWL RECIPES
- BLACKENED SHRIMP NACHOS
- CHORIZO MEXICAN PIZZA
- ULTIMATE BACON CHEDDAR BURGER
- HOMEMADE GARLIC CHEESE BREADSTICKS
Crispy Buffalo Wings
For The Chicken:
- 1 pound disjointed chicken wings
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
For the Sauce:
- 2/3 cup Frank's hot wing sauce
- 1/2 cup melted salted butter
For the Chicken:
- Add chicken wings to buttermilk and let marinate for at least 2-3 hours.
- While chicken marinates, add flour, seasoned salt, paprika, black pepper and garlic powder to paper bag and shake well to evenly distribute flavors.
- Dip each piece of chicken into seasoned flour thoroughly coating each piece then add piece to baking sheet to rest.
- Finish coating all chicken and let sit for 10-15 minutes until coating has set.
- While coating sets, add 2 1/2-3 inches of oil to a medium sized deep pot or deep fryer and heat over medium high heat. Also turn on oven to 275 degrees.
- This is my test for knowing when the oil is ready: Big Mama always tossed a tiny bit of flour in the oil and if it began to fry and sizzle, the oil was ready.
- Fry all pieces until golden brown and place on paper towels to drain for only 1 minute per wing before tossing in sauce.
For the Sauce:
- Whisk together hot sauce and melted butter and heat in microwave to make sure it is hot.
- Add half of sauce to another large bowl and carefully toss several wings in sauce until completely covered. Add more sauce if you like them really saucy like me then serve immediately.
- Celery and ranch or blue cheese is a nice complement.
- If not serving immediately, place in the oven to keep warm.