Uniquely flavorful and sensationally delicious pomegranate wings get upgraded to pomegranate honey wings perfect for entertaining.
With the Super Bowl around the corner, I am pretty sure you have an insane amount of wing options taking over your blog feed. Well I didn’t want to go cliche’ and give you the standard buffalo wings (even though I love them like anyone else). I already spiced things up for you with the Mango Jerk Wings so it was pretty much go big or go home with these Pomegranate Honey Wings.
Oh I forgot to mention that this past week I was the Yahoo! Food Blogger of the Week. It was pretty awesome. Yahoo! shared three of my recipes and two features on me which you can find HERE and HERE. It was a pretty amazing experience which I am totally grateful. Now that is a great way to start the year!
Ok back to these wings. Let me just say these pomegranate honey wings are crazy good. Like crazy delicious good! First they were going to just be pomegranate wings but the honey really upped that sweet factor in a subtle way. There is a bit of heat because I like heat but its just sooo perfect with the sticky sweetness of the pomegranate juice and honey coating. I am warning you that you will need wet napkins because the stickiness is…well, sticky but I don’t think you will mind too much. I also think you might have a problem quitting these babies.
They are quite convenient to make too. You can be a badass and use fresh pomegranate juice if you are up to it or save some time and just buy some pomegranate juice from Pom which I have done occasionally. Either way, these will be perfection I guarantee you.
So think outside the buffalo and fried wing box this Super Bowl. You deserve the opportunity to change the game and do something different starting with these Pomegranate Honey Wings.
- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 pounds chicken wings disjointed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Optional: Pomegranate seeds, green onions and herbs for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Whisk together pomegranate juice, honey and brown sugar in a saucepan over medium heat. Allow the mixture to reduce to 1/2 the original ingredients or until it has thickened.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and evenly season both sides of wings with salt and pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and cayenne pepper.
- Bake for 16-20 minutes or until clear juices run out of the wings then baste or dip each wing in the pomegranate sauce and bake until sticky and golden brown for another 6-10 minutes (watch them carefully). If you want, you can double baste if there is enough sauce left for extra sticky love.
- Garnish with pomegranate seeds, green onions and herbs if desired and serve.