Crispy Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe- a delicious dough that gives you that thin and crunchy chocolate chip texture you can’t wait to dunk in milk!
I’m more of a soft and chewy chocolate chip cookie fan but there are times when Crispy Chocolate Chip Cookies are necessary. They are necessary when you want that delicious crunch. They are necessary when you need the thin cookie of your dreams to dunk in milk or eat with ice cream. This is exactly why I teamed up with The Everygirl a few years ago to share my tricks of the trade. This Crispy Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe is the one you have been looking for so look no further.
So what makes perfect Crispy Chocolate Chip Cookies you may ask? Well here are a few tricks of the trade that have made the best ones I can find:
- By increasing the amount of granulated sugar and cutting down the brown sugar, I also decrease the moist factor.
- Egg whites help to dry out and create stability in a cookie dough. Here I use whole eggs because the egg whites are essential in contributing to a crispier cookie.
- By adding milk to the crispy dough, it helps to thin the overall batter making it spread wider and faster as it bakes.
- The best part about these cookies is there is no wait time between creating the dough and baking the dough. They go right from the mixing bowl to the oven. This is the perfect time-saver cookie!
- The baking time on these cookies is extended a bit to ensure a crisp end product. You should also watch the oven to make sure they don’t burn. Turning the cookie tray once in the oven will ensure even baking.
These are some great tips that will help you create the perfect crispy chocolate chip cookies! Check out the recipe below.
And if you prefer perfectly chewy cookies, check out my recipe for Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies HERE.
Crispy Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened to room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda and put aside.
- In the bowl of your mixer, add butter and both granulated and brown sugars and cream together for 3-4 minutes on high until light and fluffy.
- Next add in eggs one at a time and milk beating until incorporated. Then add in pure vanilla extract and beat until smooth.
- Turn down your mixer to low and add in flour mixture in three intervals beating after each addition until well-combined. Lastly, stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop cookie dough in balls the size of a tablespoon and place on parchment paper lined cookie sheet at least 2 inches apart. These cookies spread a lot.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes and cool. Tip: Begin checking your oven around 10 minutes to ensure they don't burn or brown too much on one side. Rotate the cookies if needed.