These are the absolute BEST Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies that you will ever have! Chewy, moist and loaded with Fall Spices, these cookies will satisfy those Fall cravings and give every other recipe a run for their money! If you love other cookies, definitely try my Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies or Tea Cakes or for other fall pumpkin faves, try my Pumpkin Cupcakes or Pumpkin Lava Cakes!
Perfectly Soft Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies!
When it comes to classic American desserts there are a few that immediately come to mind: apple pie, cheesecake, brownies and best of all, chocolate chip cookies. I am a firm believer in chocolate chip cookies for breakfast, lunch or dinner. I mean, there’s nothing that a cookie can’t fix. Bad day? Chocolate chip cookie can fix that. Rough break up? Chocolate chip cookie will fix that too. Rainy day blues? Well, you get the point now!
It’s absolutely crucial to have the perfect recipe for your kind of cookie. Some like them chewy, some soft and some crunchy. Each one is unique but flavorful and satisfying. Personally, I love my cookies soft, gooey, chewy, perfectly buttery and jam-packed with a whole lot of flavor. What kind of flavor? The pumpkin kind.
The Fall calls for a reinvented chocolate chip cookie that feeds into all of your best Fall cravings and then some. Hey, you might even try these and keep them going all year long. I won’t judge.
Delicious Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe with a Fall Twist
I make killer chocolate chip cookies for a living. It’s kinda my thang. I love them to be soft, gooey, chewy and perfectly buttery in flavor. I pride myself on achieving that ideal in every possible way. Making my favorite cookie inspired by the fall season was a challenge that I was more than ready to take on.
But before you can take a classic and spin it on its head you’ve gotta perfect the original. The technique is what makes the cookie ya’ll! Here are a few tips that’ll take your cookies from basic homemade to that fresh out of the bakery oven quality.
Add Cornstarch to Your Dough
This unassuming pantry item adds incredible chewiness to your cookies. Add a little cornstarch to your dough along with the dry ingredients and let it work its magic. The chewy texture is unbelievable! This is totally optional for those who love a chewier cookies. If not, go ahead and skip it.
Let the Dough Chill for 24 Hours
I know, I know. It’s almost impossible to wait for your dough to chill but I promise you it’s worth it. While these cookies are absolutely delicious with minimal resting time, giving them the proper time to chill in the refrigerator overnight takes them to the next level. The result is a firmer dough that makes for more perfectly shaped and better textured cookies.
Play with the Chocolate You Use
With any recipe, there are ways that you can make it your own if you’d like to do so. Using the pumpkin in this recipe is already a bold choice but you can make these cookies even bolder. Cut your own chocolate chunks from your favorite bar of chocolate. The chocolate could be super dark, filled with nuts or sprinkled with sea salt. Don’t be afraid to try anything out!
How to Make Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies Delicious!
With these cookies, I wanted to add an incredible hint of pumpkin flavor that wasn’t overwhelming. Subtle is always best to me. Working that bit of pumpkin into my chewy batter (I used Libby’s by the way) was just what it needed to take these babies to fall heaven.
Next, I went ham with spices. If pumpkin reminds you of fall, what spice reminds you of pumpkin? Definitely cinnamon! And a bit of nutmeg and ginger couldn’t hurt either. I love a good pumpkin spice recipe, and this is definitely that.
Lastly, I wanted to add another flavor to play along side those chocolate chips. Butterscotch chips came to the rescue. That caramel like essence is the perfect partner in crime for chocolate, especially in pumpkin cookies. A final sprinkle of sea salt right on top takes these over the edge. These would be wonderful at a fall bake sale, for Halloween trick-or-treaters, game day or maybe even a random day when all you want is chocolate chip cookies with a fall twist. I personally selected a random fall day to make these cookies, and it turned out to be one of the best days I’ve had in a while.
Pumpkin is such an essential flavor for the fall season that it must be worked into as many recipes as possible including this pumpkin chocolate chip cookie recipe. If you like it, you’ll love my other pumpkin desserts:
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 6 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened to room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1½ cups packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg at room temperature
- 2 large egg yolks at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium sized bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, salt, baking powder, baking soda, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, and ground ginger and put aside.
- In the bowl of your mixer, add pumpkin puree and butter and both granulated and brown sugars and cream together for 3-4 minutes on high until light and fluffy.
- Next add in eggs one at a time beating until incorporated. Then add in pure vanilla extract and beat until smooth.
- Turn down your mixer to low and add in flour mixture in three intervals beating after each addition until well-combined. Lastly, stir in chocolate chips and butterscotch chips.
- Place dough in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour. Two hours is even better.
- Scoop cookie dough in balls the size of a tablespoon and place on parchment paper lined cookie sheet at least 1½ inches apart.
- Bake 10-12 minutes. Cookies may seem undone but remove from oven.