Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies – Take your pumpkin desserts to another level this fall with these moist and
delicious cookies that are one of the best fall desserts around!
Fall is officially in full swing, and unfortunately, I have to give in. Fortunately, fall has some of my favorite flavors: apple, pumpkin and spice. These soft Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies are a fantastic example of those tremendous fall flavors put into action. In the past, I’ve made pumpkin cupcakes and apple shortcakes, and these pumpkin chocolate chip cookies are just as tasty! The best thing about fall are the fall desserts!
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES WITH A FALL TWIST
I make killer chocolate chip cookies for a living. It’s kinda my thang. I love them to be soft, gooey, chewy and perfectly buttery in flavor. I pride myself on achieving that ideal in every possible way. Making my favorite cookie inspired by the fall season was a challenge that I was more than ready to take on.
PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
With these cookies, I wanted to add an incredible hint of pumpkin flavor that wasn’t overwhelming. Subtle is always best to me. Working that bit of pumpkin into my chewy batter (I used Libby’s by the way) was just what it needed to take these babies to fall heaven.
Next, I went ham with spices. If pumpkin reminds you of fall, what spice reminds you of pumpkin? Definitely cinnamon! And a bit of nutmeg and ginger couldn’t hurt either. I love a good pumpkin spice recipe, and this is definitely that.
Lastly, I wanted to add another flavor to play along side those chocolate chips. Butterscotch chips came to the rescue. That caramel like essence is the perfect partner in crime for chocolate, especially in pumpkin cookies. A final sprinkle of sea salt right on top takes these over the edge. These would be wonderful at a fall bake sale, for Halloween trick-or-treaters, game day or maybe even a random day when all you want is chocolate chip cookies with a fall twist. I personally selected a random fall day to make these cookies, and it turned out to be one of the best days I’ve had in a while.
Pumpkin is such an essential flavor for the fall season that it must be worked into as many recipes as possible including this pumpkin chocolate chip cookie recipe. If you like it, you’ll love my other pumpkin desserts:
Here are a few products I used for this recipe:
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies - Take your pumpkin desserts to another level this fall with these moist and delicious cookies that are one of the best fall desserts around!
- 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 6 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened to room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1½ cups packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg at room temperature
- 2 large egg yolks at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium sized bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, salt, baking powder, baking soda, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, and ground ginger and put aside.
- In the bowl of your mixer, add pumpkin puree and butter and both granulated and brown sugars and cream together for 3-4 minutes on high until light and fluffy.
- Next add in eggs one at a time beating until incorporated. Then add in pure vanilla extract and beat until smooth.
- Turn down your mixer to low and add in flour mixture in three intervals beating after each addition until well-combined. Lastly, stir in chocolate chips and butterscotch chips.
- Place dough in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour. Two hours is even better.
- Scoop cookie dough in balls the size of a tablespoon and place on parchment paper lined cookie sheet at least 1½ inches apart.
- Bake 10-12 minutes. Cookies may seem undone but remove from oven.