Disclosure: I was compensated by Albertsons for this post but all opinions expressed here are my own.
Made from scratch flatbreads using this sensational homemade flatbread pizza dough. If you love pizza dough like this, try this Neapolitan Pizza Dough!
Creating new memories and signature moments is very important to my brand. That’s why spending time with Jewel-Osco (part of the Albertsons family of stores) last week in Los Angeles to learn more about their exclusive brand new flagship Signature product line was so inspiring. The homemade flatbread pizza dough above was created using Signature brand products. I know you are going to want to create your own version at home.
Taking these products made from quality ingredients and making your own unique recipes for your family is something that will be cherished forever. I know I have told you a bunch of times about my family and how it was really the inspiration behind starting Grandbaby Cakes. I remember all the times I helped in the kitchen to create meals for my family. I never knew until I was older how many shortcuts my mom took for certain recipes. She did this to ensure we had a healthy and homemade dinner on the table, especially when working full-time and taking care of a husband and two kids. Brands like Jewel-Osco have been crucial to making those value and quality driven dinners in my parents’ home for years. Now it’s doing the same for me.
Chef Jeff Anderson, Executive Chef at the Albertsons Culinary Kitchens and Technical Center, shared some amazing ways we can take the Signature products, like soup, and turn them into something more like a marinade or even a pasta sauce. I never actually thought of this. When I buy soup, I usually buy it for the purposes of eating it as soup. However, there are so many more possibilities for me to explore with the Signature line that I never considered before.
The amazing Tiffani Thiessen also showed us how Jewel-Osco’s Signature SELECT ice creams (which are fantastic by the way) can be used to create anything from fun ice cream sandwiches to adult friendly affogatos for entertaining.
There is no need to go completely gourmet. Jewel-Osco helps make your entertaining a snap. It was also pretty fun and exciting being served affogato by Tiffany Thiessen, if I do say so myself.
My absolute favorite part of the day was when my fellow bloggers and I had the opportunity to create our own #MySignatureMoments experience starring the most sensational homemade flatbread pizza dough and Signature ingredients as toppings.
We let our imaginations run wild to create something unique to all of us. From bacon to mushrooms, I played with everything before me to make something that really suited my tastes, and it was sensational! Today I’m sharing with you the recipe for the homemade flatbread pizza dough, which was so much fun to roll out. We put them on the grill and had the best lunch ever. The kids in your family would have a blast helping in the kitchen with this one.
I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. If you are in the Chicagoland area like I am, you can find the Signature line exclusively at Jewel-Osco. However, if you are in other locations, you can find them at all Albertsons Companies grocery stores, including Albertsons, Safeway, ACME, Vons, Pavilions, Randalls, Tom Thumb, Shaws, Star Market, United Express, United and Carrs/Safeway.
Signature Homemade Grilled Pizza Dough
- One .25-ounce packet active dry yeast
- 2 teaspoons Signature Kitchens Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup Signature Kitchens all-purpose flour plus more for flouring the work surface
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon Signature Kitchens kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons Signature SELECT olive oil plus more for coating the bowl
- In a small bowl, combine the yeast with the sugar and 3/4 cup warm water. Let sit for 10 minutes until it begins to foam.
- In a large bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, whole-wheat flour and salt and make a well in the center. Add the yeast mixture and the olive oil. Using a fork, incorporate the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until a dough forms. On a lightly floured surface, continue to work and then knead the dough until it is smooth and elastic, about 8 minutes.
- Lightly coat a clean bowl with additional olive oil and add the dough, turning once to coat in oil. Cover and set in a warm place until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat and preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Punch down the dough and divide it into 2 pieces. Working with one piece at a time, stretch the dough into a 12-inch circle that will fit on the grill pan. Add the dough to the hot grill pan and cook until stiff and bubbles start to form, 1 to 2 minutes. Flip and cook on the other side until grill marks form and the dough is completely cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Transfer the crusts to baking sheets and load with desired toppings. Add the loaded pizzas to the oven and cook until the cheese melts (this will vary depending on the type of cheese), about 6 minutes.