Peach season is in full effect, and this maple peach bourbon pork chops recipe is perfect for summer entertaining and weeknight dinners.
I’m officially introducing you to my new favorite summer weeknight dinner: Maple Peach Pork Chops. I will start by saying that this is also the very first pork recipe ever on Grandbaby Cakes.
I gave up eating pork over 10 years ago and really didn’t miss it but after a while, I wanted to diversify my offerings more and decided to incorporate a little here and there back into my diet. Well after a few pieces of bacon and this dish, I think I’m back at it.
These maple peach pork chops are filled with sweet and savory flavors that play so well together. There is even a hint of bourbon in the mix which should make many of you happy. I even added a layer of sweet potatoes for a full one pot meal that can be baked or even made over the stove for more ease.
You could also probably get away with serving this for guests. It is gorgeous and also equally flavorful and fun to eat. I think all peaches should end up in dishes with pork chops. Don’t you agree?
Maple Peach Pork Chops
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 sweet potatoes peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 large onion chopped
- 1-2 cups sliced peaches
- 4 pork loin chops
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- Salt and ground pepper
- Garnish: fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In deep skillet, melt butter over medium heat then add potatoes. Next Next layer with onions and peaches.
- Next season pork chops with salt and pepper then place on top of dish inserting between peaches.
- Lastly, stir together maple syrup and bourbon and pour over top of the dish and layer with thyme sprigs.
- Bake for 55 minutes or until pork chops are done. Remove from oven and place over stove for 15 minutes to reduce liquid then cool. Garnish with parsley and serve.