Light and fluffy winter seasonal orange pancakes with hints of ginger that are perfect for holiday entertaining! Plus holiday brunch tips on how to simplify your entertaining and still have a great time! If you love pancakes, you will also love these Lemon Ricotta Pancakes, Classic Pancakes, Blueberry Pancakes, Pineapple Upside Down Pancakes and Oreo Pancakes.
Perfectly Fluffy and Delicious Orange Pancakes!!
While everyone is concerned about what to serve for holiday dinner, I personally love holiday brunch. It starts Christmas with a bang and gathers everyone around for a relaxed but fun time before the day really gets going. It doesn’t have to be too involved but it really helps get everyone in the holiday mood.
The best part is you can open gifts around the tree while breakfast is being served. Holiday dinners are typically more formal so this is an opportunity to keep things loose and easy going before the main celebration later in the evening. That’s where I depend on Solo to help out with their festive cups and plates that keep the energy high without all the dishes to wash later.
Easy Holiday Entertaining Tips and How To Serve Orange Pancakes
Here is my best holiday brunch tips and simple advice for easy holiday entertaining:
- Make one major item from scratch: I love to focus on making my holiday dinner the main attraction but that doesn’t mean brunch has to get slacked. You can spend a few minutes throwing together my incredible Orange Ginger Pancakes, which are fantastic by the way and filled with wonderful seasonal flavors.
- Add a few other items like bacon and eggs which take mere minutes to make.
- Buy the rest: Pick up some homemade bagels or scones from your local bakery the day before along with some essentials like juices and fruit from your grocery store to have an impressive yet beautiful spread.
- Set up a station of relaxed dining ware that gets everyone in the holiday mood without the mess. You will feel much better knowing you don’t have a huge mess to clean up after everyone enjoys the morning festivities.
- Relax and have a great time!
How to Make Orange Pancakes Recipe
I simply love these Orange Ginger Pancakes because they are a straightforward batter that only takes a few minutes to come together. They are light and fluffy and just perfect! The pancakes have a bit of winter flair with the added orange and ginger flavors.
I give an adjustment for the ginger flavor in the recipe since ginger can sometimes be strong. If you adore the flavor, go for the ½ teaspoon but if you want it to have more a subtle undertone, scale it back a bit.
Lastly, a few pomegranate seeds sprinkled on your syrup will make them even better, and the colors just scream Christmas. Remember to leave a stack for Santa under the tree as well.
This post was sponsored by Solo. For more information visit www.solocup.com.
Ginger Orange Pancakes Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ¼-½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- ¼ cup milk
- 6 tablespoons melted salted butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- Additional butter, melted, for the griddle
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, sugar, ginger, and cinnamon into a large bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk together eggs, greek yogurt, orange juice, milk, melted butter, vanilla and orange extract until combined. Slowly whisk the wet mixture into the dry mixture just until combined. The resulting should be slightly lumpy yet still combined so don’t overmix.
- Heat a griddle or skillet over medium to medium-low heat. Grease the hot surface with butter. Drop ¼ cup of pancake batter on the griddle. When bubbles begin to form on top, lift the pancake halfway up to see if it’s golden brown and crisp at the edges. If it is, flip the pancake and cook until golden brown on both sides. Remove to a plate with a spatula.
- Repeat with the remaining batter and filling, adding more butter to the griddle as needed and cooking several pancakes at a time. Serve immediately with butter, pomegranate seeds and maple syrup.