MY PANCAKE OBSESSION
CHRISTMAS MORNING BREAKFAST
- EGGNOG POUND CAKE
- EGGNOG MUDDY BUDDIES
- EGGNOG PANCAKES WITH MAPLE CRANBERRY SYRUP
- EGGNOG ICED BUTTER COOKIES
- EGGY EGGNOG FRENCH TOAST
Gingerbread Pancakes with Eggnog Syrup - your Christmas morning breakfast will never be the same after these amazingly fluffy pancakes with a Christmas flavored twist! It will become your favorite gingerbread recipe.
- 1⅓ cups all-purpose flour plus 1 tablespoon
- 1¼ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons molasses
- 2 large Safest Choice eggs
- 3/4 cup buttermilk or coconut milk
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Extra butter for your griddle
- 1 cup Safest Choice Eggnog
- 1 cup Pure Maple Syrup
- Optional: Sugared Cranberries for Garnish
- In a large bowl, add flour, baking powder, ground ginger and cinnamon and whisk together until well mixed.
- Next add in molasses, eggs, milk, melted butter and vanilla extract and whisk until batter just comes together. Leave the lumps there. No need for a smooth batter.
- Heat a griddle or non stick skillet over medium heat and melt extra butter.
- Pour about ¼ of a cup of batter onto the griddle surface in a circular pattern and allow to sit until bubbles form and the bottom is golden brown and crisp.
- Flip over the pancake and cook until golden brown and crisp on the other side.
- Remove the pancake and place in a warm oven (about 225 degrees) and repeat the process until all pancakes are done.
- Add eggnog and maple syrup to a medium sized pot over medium high heat. Whisk together and heat until warmed then serve with pancakes. Optional: Garnish with sugared cranberries
You can easily replace the buttermilk in the pancake recipe for coconut milk.