Disclosure: I partnered with Land O’Lakes for this Summer Brown Butter Pasta for Two recipe post, but all opinions expressed here are my own.
Summer Brown Butter Pasta for Two- Rich brown butter gets tossed in fettuccine with fresh summer corn, tomatoes, bacon, and additional flavors for a simple yet irresistible dish for two.
I seriously saw a pumpkin recipe up the other day and almost lost my mind! Why doesn’t summer ever truly get our full attention? I love all things fall but come on now, can summer have a break?
While everyone else is pulling out the pumpkin latte recipes and apple crisps, I thought I would give summer one last hoorah with a Summer inspired Brown Butter Pasta for two made with Land O Lakes® Salted Butter in Half Sticks. Because it’s just my husband and I, I love meals that I can throw together quickly for just the two of us, especially when it’s hot outside and I would rather be enjoying the gorgeous weather.
The flavors of this easy pasta scream summer. However, it’s the depth of the brown butter that truly wins in the flavor contest. It brings every single ingredient together in the most delicious way. Starting with a quality butter is key when making brown butter. Since I was just making enough servings for the hubby and I, I decided to use Land O Lakes® Butter in Half Stick. It is so convenient for cooking or baking in smaller quantities.
I allowed the butter to brown until it was super nutty and flavorful. I usually go as close to burnt as possible to get all of those flecks of goodness. It is so irresistible. The additional ingredients added even more deliciousness to the butter base. How much more summer themed can you get than fresh summer corn and tomatoes? Add a bit of basil, garlic and bacon and you have one of the most sensational 30 minute meals for two to enjoy.
Every time I make this (because I have literally made this summer brown butter pasta for two at least twice in the same week), I taste all of the amazing flavors of summer that I’m just not ready to let go of. This is a lovely meal to enjoy on your patio soaking up every last bit of the perfect sunny weather. If this hasn’t convinced you to forget about fall for a while, I’m not sure what will. Remember, we still have a few more weeks of summer left to enjoy, and this pasta is one of the best ways to do it!
Summer Brown Butter Pasta for Two
- 1/4 cup Land O Lakes® Butter 1/2 stick
- 1 half shallot finely diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream or coconut milk
- 1 ear corn shucked and roasted with kernels removed
- 2 tablespoons basil
- 2 strips bacon cooked and chopped
- ⅓- ½ cup fresh fettuccine cooked
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon shredded parmesan, diced tomatoes, toasted bread crumbs and chopped basil for garnish
- In a medium sized pan, melt butter over medium heat then add shallots.
- Allow butter to brown until tiny brown specks appear and a nutty aroma develops. Once butter has browned, turn heat to low and add garlic for 30-40 seconds.
- Next pour in cream or coconut milk and stir together.
- Add corn kernels, basil, bacon bits and fresh pasta and toss together.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, top with shredded parmesan, tomatoes, bread crumbs and fresh basil and serve.