Cajun flavors go perfectly with shrimp and sausage in this creamy decadent cajun shrimp pasta recipe perfect for entertaining or weeknight dinners. If you love seafood pasta like this, try my Easy Shrimp Scampi Pasta, Cajun Shrimp Linguine and Lobster Mac and Cheese!
Flavor is everything. It is the essence of why we love certain meals and keep coming back for more. For me, spices and heat are part of the addictive flavors I can’t turn away from. That’s why this cajun shrimp pasta recipe has kept calling for me time and time again. I couldn’t stop eating it.
Initially I was striving to make a pasta that I could simply throw together during the week when I had a ton of errands to run and work duties on my plate but I came up with something equally great for entertaining. A lot of people have tried a similar dish at The Cheesecake Factory but this one puts that one to shame because you can make it yourself!
This cajun shrimp pasta recipe has a down home comfort associated with the meals you get at a family’s home and that’s what I truly adore. However, there is a sophistication to this dish that makes it just perfect for having company over.
First of all, I love shrimp. If you don’t, I’m sorry for you because its damn good. If I could, I would add shrimp to every dinner ever made. Did I say I love shrimp?
It becomes something even more special when you pair it with a creamy tomato sauce that drowns linguini and chicken andouille sausage. Along with peppers and onions, this cajun shrimp pasta recipe will make all your dreams come true. I’m not exaggerating.
Cajun Shrimp Pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound shrimp
- Salt and pepper
- 2 andouille sausages sliced
- 1/2 onion sliced
- 1 green pepper sliced
- 1/2 red pepper sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 roma tomatoes sliced
- 2 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- Cajun seasoning to taste
- 16 ounces linguini cooked
- Garnish: parsley
- Add olive oil and butter to a large pot over medium high heat until melted together.
- Next add shrimp and season with salt and pepper. Add in sliced sausage and cook until completely cooked through and then remove from pot and put on a separate plate.
- Add onion and sliced peppers and cook until tender and a bit browned.
- Next add in garlic and cook for 30 seconds then toss around then add in tomatoes.
- Pour in chicken broth, wine, heavy cream, worcestershire and hot sauce and whisk together.
- Turn heat down to medium and allow sauce to thicken some.
- Add back in shrimp and sausage.
- Season with cajun seasoning to taste.
- Toss in cooked linguini completely coating pasta.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.
It’s been a fav for about 6 years….. I followed the recipe to a T and everything turns out perfect!!
Thanks for sharing
This is soooo good. It turned out better than I anticipated. 2 3/4 cup of broth is too much – I removed some of the liquid before I added the cream and wine. I still had to thicken it some. But no kidding – I am so picky and this was over the top. Good andouille sausage is a must. I used Sauvignon Blanc and it was perfect. This is so great for when guests come over. 5 stars.
Hi! Can you replace the wine with something else?
Jocelyn (Grandbaby Cakes) says
Yes you certainly can! You can use more stock or broth in this case!
paul welby says
One thing that must be done is, the chicken broth has to be heated/microwaved before adding. I completely stopped the cooking process, which will wilt the peppers.
Just made this dish tonight!! Everyone loves it!!! Thank you!!