Blackberry Limeade Cupcakes – Homemade limeade flavored cupcakes topped with a sweet and delicious blackberry buttercream. These are perfect for spring and summer entertaining!
I’m officially 35 as of June 7th, and I’m not quite sure how I feel about it. What does 35 have in store for me? Who really knows that answer. I do feel more confident and excited about the future so that’s one good thing about turning a new age. I also decided that I want to have a bit more fun and let myself relax.
Blogging can become so routine and rigid if you allow it. We bloggers can lose sight of the fun that it used to be. We can start to judge whether something is a success solely based on the numbers: number of likes, number of comments, number of page views, number of followers, numbers, numbers, numbers! It is so exhausting trying to live up to expectations and requirements like that. And to tell you the truth, it isn’t what I signed up for in this biz.
BLACKBERRY LIMEADE CUPCAKES
I signed up to share my recipes and my family traditions and stories in a way that fulfilled purpose and created some happiness out here in the internet space. To lose sight of that would be to lose sight of me. I decided to get back to the fun of this whole thing. That doesn’t mean I won’t still be striving for greatness and for growth and accomplishment. It just means that I won’t feel like a failure if I don’t meet the arbitrary milestones that I don’t necessary agree with. To celebrate, I made these Blackberry Limeade Cupcakes.
I made them because they make me feel good, and I love the flavors. I didn’t decide to share them based on whether they would do well on the site or not because seriously who knows what will do well. I decided to share them because I love them. So I hope you will love them too.
COMBINATION OF BLACKBERRIES AND LIME
- 1 stick unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons grated lime zest
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/3 cup whole or coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3.5 cups confectioner's powdered sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature 2 sticks
- 1-3 tablespoons blackberry puree add blackberries to a heavy duty blender or food processor to puree'- base amount on flavor and color you want for your buttercream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- Optional: Blackberries for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Add cupcake liners to muffin pan.
- In the bowl of your mixer, add butter and sugar and mix on high until well blended and fluffy.
- Turn down mixer to medium speed and add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Next, turn down mixer to low speed and add in flour, lime zest, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Lastly, add in lime juice, milk and vanilla extract and mix until well blended.
- Using an ice cream scooper, fill each cupcake liner 3/4 full and bake for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Place cupcake pan on cooling rack for 10 minutes.
- Clean your stand mixer bowl and whisk attachment. Add the confectioners' sugar and butter and mix on low speed, increasing the speed to medium-high once the sugar is fully incorporated. Continue to mix until light and fluffy.
- Add the blackberry puree, vanilla extract, and salt and beat until the mixture is puree is fully incorporated.
- Once the cupcakes have cooled completely, pipe them with the buttercream.
- Garnish with blackberries and serve.