You will love these Key Lime Pie Cookie Cups! Enjoy the best and easiest Key Lime Pie mini in size but major in taste! If you love all things key lime, definitely try my Key Lime Pound Cake, Key Lime Cookies, Key Lime Pie Ice Cream and a traditional Key Lime Pie!
Classic key lime pie is a favorite of mine but I think it might have some stiff competition with these key lime pie cookie cups. These are seriously the most adorable key lime pie version I have ever seen. So glad I invented them (hehe).
It all started last week with my winter depression. I was feeling kinda down. I think it has to do with the insanely terrible weather Chicago has been getting. It has been cold and snowy then cold and snowy again! I can’t keep up. I thought that March would be the month where we Chicagoans would see the change in the weather. I was hoping for just a small glimpse into Spring. Maybe just a sunny day with decent weather where I could leave my condo to take a quick stroll. But nope, Chicago isn’t having any of that! Not one bit. Instead I was greeted with snow four inches high and freezing temperatures (the usual).
Instead of continuing to mope around tired of the weather, I decided to bring a little spring inside. I adore anything citrus and have a real adoration for key lime pie. I get it from my daddy. You may already know this as I have featured key lime recipes a few times on my blog. The graham cracker crust, and the tartness and sweetness of the lime curd coupled with whipped cream is perfection. However this time I didn’t have any graham crackers and almost thought my key lime dreams were dashed until I saw my refrigerated sugar cookie dough tucked neatly in my refrigerator. That sugar cookie dough is making its rounds in my recipes lately because it is pre-made deliciousness that lends itself to my zany ideas perfectly. Well I must say that I am glad graham crackers were missing because I may never use them again after this rendition.
These cute cups are the perfect vehicle for key lime curd and a dollop of fresh whipped cream. And the best part is I can pop a few of these and be totally satisfied. These Key Lime Pie Cookie Cups would be so adorable at a party on a dessert buffet table. Now my wheels are turning even more. The best part was I finally got my glimpse of Spring.
If you want some more key lime fun, try my Key Lime Pie Ice Cream with Mango Swirl HERE:
Key Lime Pie Cookie Cups
- 1 package Pillsbury Ready to Bake! Sugar Cookie Dough
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup key lime juice
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk 1 can
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Whipped cream and lime zest for garnish
For the cookie cups:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 24 mini muffin pan with non-stick baking spray.
- Roll each separate cookie into a ball and place in the bottom of each muffin tin.
- Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove cookies from oven and gently press a spoon in the center of each baked cookie to make the shape of the cup.
- After 10 minutes, gently remove cookie cups from the muffin pan and place on a cooling rack until completely cooled.
For the key lime filling:
- Whisk together egg yolks, key lime juice, sweetened condensed milk, and pure vanilla extract.
- Pour into a medium sized pot and saute over medium to low heat to cook through the eggs.
- Keep on heat and stir for 12-14 minutes until nice and warm. Remove and allow to cool.
- Fill a ziploc bag with snipped side or piping bag with key lime curd mixture.
- Pipe key lime curd into direct centers of each cookie cup until filled.
- Next garnish with whipped cream and lime zest and refrigerate for at least one hour and serve.