If you LOVE key lime pie, you will adore these key lime pie cookies that taste just like the pie!! These soft and chewy delights have key lime juice, zest and even graham cracker crumbs! Amazing! If you love all things Key Lime Pie, try my Key Lime Pie, Key Lime Pound Cake, Key Lime Pie Cookie Cups, Key Lime Pie Ice Cream and Raspberry Key Lime Pie! Also these Lemon Crinkle Cookies are amazing.
Shelly of Cookies & Cups is a pure genius I tell you. She has taken my all time favorite pie and put it in the most perfectly chewy and flavorful cookie. The recipe comes from Shelly’s brand new cookbook aptly titled The Cookies & Cups Cookbook, which is launching this week.
The book is filled with the most sensational desserts (and even savory recipes) that are brimming with creativity and decadence. I actually had the hardest time figuring out what to make but boy oh boy am I glad I made these.
I have had my fair share of key lime pies. I have even made key lime pie cookie cups on my site. These were just as delightful. Every element you love in key lime pie is in each bite of these. They are quite citrusy, which I adore because the lime flavor is very prominent. You don’t miss an ounce of it in these cookies.
HOW TO MAKE KEY LIME PIE COOKIES
nd my favorite part was the genius addition of graham cracker crumbs. They are actually inside the cookie! You would think that would make the cookies a bit harder in texture but they are so soft and chewy that you wouldn’t believe it. To top them off, Shelly decided to make them even more sensational than they already were. She added a white chocolate drizzle. Lime and white chocolate go together and should remain married forever and ever. They are the perfect pairing in these cookies. I simply cannot wait to try more recipes in Shelly’s delightful book. It is a MUST HAVE for all the bakers you know.
Key Lime Pie Cookies
- 1 cup salted butter, at room temperature 2 sticks
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons key lime juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely crushed graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup white chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, mix the butter and sugar on medium speed for 2 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg, vanilla, key lime juice and lime zest and continue mixing for 1 more minute, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary. Mix in the salt and baking soda until incorporated.
- Turn the speed to low and add the flour and graham cracker crumbs until the dough comes together.
- Roll the dough into 1-inch balls and place 2 inches apart on the baking sheet. Bake for 9 to 10 minutes, until the edges are lightly golden.
- Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool.
- Place the white chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat on full power for 25 seconds. Remove the bowl from the microwave and stir the chocolate. Repeat this process until the white chocolate is melted and smooth. Transfer the melted chocolate to a small ziptop bag. Snip one corner of the bag off with scissors and drizzle the white chocolate on top of the cookies. Allow the white chocolate to set completely.
- Store the cookies airtight at room temperature for up to 3 days.