This Brown Butter Maple Bacon Popcorn Recipe mixes flavors that are perfectly sweet and salty resulting in an addictive movie night snack or Super Bowl treat! If you want more delicious snacks like these, try my Coke Caramel Popcorn, this healthier Caramel Apple Popcorn and for fun, these Salted Caramel Popcorn Brownies!!
Addictive Brown Butter Popcorn with Perfect Maple Bacon Flavor!
Welp, this has certainly been a busy year already for me. I haven’t posted much food thus far but I am definitely testing a ton more recipes in my kitchen than last year. And I’ve definitely been playing around with creating more delicious snacks and treats for game days especially Super Bowl.
So to relax, I decided to make an easy snack recipe that will be absolutely perfect for the Super Bowl and any day of the week if you ask me! My Brown Butter Maple Bacon Popcorn recipe is bananas y’all! I almost ate an entire bowl of it and totally had to stop myself. I was furiously testing this recipe because I’m made it on the Today Show next week on Tuesday (check me out early that morning during the 8 am hour).
What does Brown Butter Maple Bacon Popcorn Taste Like?
The flavors of this Brown Butter Maple Bacon Popcorn recipe are balanced with salty and sweet flavors and a slightly nutty flavor from the browning of the butter.
The browned butter really intensified the essence in each bite. I added just enough maple syrup (make sure it is pure) to give it a sweet kick.
And then of course there is the bacon. I added bacon bits AND bacon grease. Gosh was this heavenly! You will definitely want to get down on this my friends. Make it now! Don’t delay!
Brown Butter Maple Bacon Popcorn
- 8 cups plain popped yellow kernel popcorn
- 8 bacon slices
- ½ cup salted butter
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt plus more for the top if desired
- Pop 8 cups of yellow kernel popcorn according to instructions and add to a large bowl. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Add bacon to a baking rack over a baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes or until crispy and golden brown. Save bacon drippings. Once bacon is cool, break bacon into small pieces or cut into small pieces.
- In a medium sized pan, melt butter over medium heat. Allow butter to brown until tiny brown specks appear and a nutty aroma develops. Once butter has browned, turn heat to low and whisk in maple syrup, half of the bacon drippings, half of the bacon bits and salt.
- Pour butter syrup over popcorn and fold over to evenly coat. Add remaining bacon on top of the butter and serve.