I think these Maple Bacon Doughnuts are just about perfect. Bacon is just oh so good right?? I can’t think of a reason why bacon would be bad in any meal. It just tastes so incredible. Recently I have been experimenting more with bacon in my sweet recipe development so the next logical step was to put bacon in a doughnut recipe ( at least in my mind anyway).
Sometimes I just don’t feel like dealing with the “difficult to work with” dough of homemade doughnuts but I still crave them nonetheless. My solution is making doughnuts out of biscuit dough. Using to create doughnuts is the most genius thing ever! They taste incredible! You get everything from a doughnut you want but its a much easier process.
After frying up my biscuits into golden brown doughnuts, I dipped them in a delicious glaze made with a hint of maple syrup and topped that with bits of Hormel bacon. Yes people! Bacon on top of maple glaze on top of golden brown doughnuts!!!! Time for you to sign up and get in line for this.[amd-zlrecipe-recipe:110]
- Heat oil over high heat.
- Separate biscuits and cut out a hole in the center of each using the top of your plastic oil container to create the doughnuts.
- Fry each doughnut until golden brown on both sides and drain on cooling rack with paper towels beneath.
- While doughnuts drain, whisk together powdered sugar, butter, maple syrup, and vanilla extract until smooth and pourable in a medium sized bowl.
- Dip one side of each doughnut into the maple glaze and place on a cooling rack.
- Sprinkle bacon bits over the glaze of each doughnut and serve.