CARROT CAKE RECIPE
EASY CARROT CAKE RECIPE
WHAT’S CARROT CAKE MADE OF?
WHAT MAKES THIS CARROT CAKE RECIPE DIFFERENT?
This easy carrot cake pound cake recipe will definitely get you in the Easter mood in no time without all the fuss.
If you want more pound cake recipes, click HERE
EASY EASTER CAKES
Easy Carrot Cake Recipe - Delightful and easy, this Carrot Cake Recipe, made with McCormick®, gives a new twist to the classic Easter dessert in pound cake form.
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1¾ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup sour cream room temperature
- ½ cup vegetable or canola oil
- 4 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon McCormick vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons McCormick ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon McCormick ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick ground nutmeg
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- ⅓ cup confectioners sugar
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon McCormick vanilla extract
- Optional: toasted coconut for garnish
- Optional: robin eggs for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In one large bowl, whisk together shredded carrots, granulated sugar, sour cream, oil, beaten eggs, and McCormick vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, McCormick ground cinnamon, McCormick ground cloves, and McCormick ground nutmeg.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and whisk together until well incorporated.
- Add the batter to a non-stick sprayed 10 inch bundt pan and bake for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool for 10 minutes in the pan then turn the cake out on a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Add cream cheese to your mixer (or use a hand mixer and medium size bowl) and mix on medium high speed.
- Turn mixer down to slow speed and carefully add in confectioners sugar in two separate intervals until incorporated.
- Next add orange juice and McCormick vanilla extract and mix until smooth and pourable (add a little bit more orange juice if you want the icing a little looser or until you get the consistency you prefer).
- Drizzle icing over top of cooled cake.
- Optional: Garnish the top of the pound cake with toasted coconut and robin eggs and serve.