7 Up Cake Recipe (7UP Pound Cake Recipe)
7Up Pound Cake Recipe Notes
Should I use 7UP or other soda in 7 Up Cake Recipe?
This original recipe can also be found in my cookbook Grandbaby Cakes! You can find it for purchase HERE!
If you want more pound cake recipes, click HERE
- For the Cake
- 1 ½ cups unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 5 large eggs, room temperature
- 3 cups sifted cake flour
- ½ cup 7-Up soda
- 2 teaspoons pure lemon extract
- For the Glaze
- 1 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 3 tablespoons 7-Up soda
- ½ teaspoon pure lemon extract
- Start by preheating your oven to 315°F then liberally spray a 10-cup bundt pan with non-stick baking spray.
- In your mixer bowl, add butter and beat for 2 minutes on high speed. Slowly add in sugar and salt beat on high speed for an additional seven minutes until very pale yellow and fluffy.
- Next, add eggs, one at a time, combining well after each addition and scraping down the sides as needed.
- Turn your mixer down to its lowest speed, and slowly add flour into batter in two increments. Be careful not to overbeat.
- Lastly, pour in 7 Up and lemon extract, scrape down sides and mix until just combined and turn off mixer.
- Pour cake batter into prepared bundt pan, and bake for 1 hour and 15 -20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes, then invert cake on serving plate.
- In a small bowl, whisk together confectioner’s sugar, 7 Up, and lemon extract until it’s pourable. Spoon over the cake and allow to harden.