Brown Sugar Pound Cake Recipe: A luscious and tender pound cake made deliciously sweet with brown sugar and topped with an incredible brown butter glaze.
What happened to this year? I can’t even tell you. Where did it go? As I type this, I am looking at the leaves change to beautiful warm tones that make my spirit dance inside. I’m also experiencing the first signs of winter. I walked outside this past weekend and could see my breath in the air.
I have mixed feelings about it all. Part of me cannot WAIT for the holiday season to officially begin because happiness enters my heart in a way I cannot describe.
Another part of me wants life to slow down because it is going way too dang fast! I’m on a roller coaster that I can’t stop. It is exhilarating and completely scary all at the same time.
Instead of staying all the way in my feelings, I bake. It is what I do when I can’t quite cope or really don’t know what to do. This brown sugar pound cake recipe was born out of those wishy washy feelings. I’m embracing the changes of the season and getting a little holiday baking started (P.S. this cake is perfection for Thanksgiving!). I can’t tell you how therapeutic baking this cake was, not to mention how delicious it was to eat.
This brown sugar pound cake recipe is the perfect holiday cake or cake to bake anytime its a special occasion this fall. It is absolute perfection. The brown sugar really takes this recipe up a notch. The molasses adds a depth of flavor to the sweetness that cannot be described. This cake is also incredibly tender and dense with the most wonderful texture. To take it over the top, I added a brown butter glaze. The brown butter glaze is just out of this world y’all! I thought nothing could be better than the cake itself but that’s before the glaze dressed it up. Let’s just say brown sugar and brown butter are meant to be together.
This cake is a holiday keeper and a must for your dessert table (especially if you use a gorgeous bundt pan like I did from Nordic Ware which is below. It is also a lovely cake to deal with the feelings that this time of year truly brings out. Baking it might just heal you a bit just like it did for me.
If you want more pound cake recipes like my sour cream pound cake recipe or my lemon pound cake recipe or even my amazing chocolate pound cake or cream cheese pound cake, or even 7 up pound cake recipe, click HERE
Looking for more cakes? Try my most popular cake, the real deal caramel cake?
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter room temperature
- 2 cups light brown sugar packed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour sifted
- 1 cup sour cream room temperature
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter melted and browned until specs appear
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees and prepare your 10 cup bundt pan with shortening and flour or non-stick baking spray.
- In your mixer bowl, cream together butter, both sugars and salt on high speed until light and fluffy for 5 minutes.
- Next add in eggs, one at a time, and mix until well incorporated.
- Slow mixer to lowest speed and carefully add in flour then add in sour cream and extract and cream until just combined.
- Pour cake batter into bundt pan and bake for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out moist but mostly clean.
- Cool cake for 10 minutes then invert cake onto cooling rack and cool until room temperature.
- Whisk together brown butter, confectioner's sugar and milk.
- Drizzle glaze over cooled cake and serve.